Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Thread: aroma therapy

I've found most recently that good smells can help keep my anxiety in check.
    Lavender is very relaxing.
    Yesterday I was freaking out in the grocery store, when I came across a sage plant and carried a piece around with me. The smell of the sage was comforting enough that i didn't feel like running out of the store full speed.
    At home I've started using insense when the house is empty.

Does anyone know if there have been any studies on specific smells that effect anxiety?

Dear Jess

I use essential oils for my anxiety. I use them in a burner ... you know the ones with a little candle underneath with a bowl of water on top? I use about 6 drops in the water and top it up regularly with new water and more drops of essential oils. Like you I like lavender. I've also go Bergamot and Melissa. I tend to mix up the three and it smells gorgeous and I think it really helps my anxiety. I burn it at work when I can.

I'd say that you'd find some articles on the use of essential oils if you went googling.

I really find essential oils very calming and usually try to use them in conjuction with some classical music, especially when I'm working or studying.

Wishing you all the best
    Petal
    <span style='color:purple'>[i]A kitty curled up on your bed with you makes you complete.[/i]</span>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have found the Aromatherapy hand soap from Bath and Body works is really great
    I got the big pump bottle called Energizing hand soap Orange and Ginger

Also this one Sensual Hand soap Jasmine and vanilla for relaxation.

I use to think these soaps were a fluke but not after i have been using them i can feel a difference. I just started them a week ago.
    Learn to Love one another and Live together In peace.

Good smells cast good spells
    G
    With the Birds I'll Share this Lonely View

aromatherpy is a real thing and can really help. There are many mixes that can help. my favorite is to put some in a unsented lotion and then wear it. I like peace and purification by "Kate's Magik" and healing of the heart. you can alos put it on your temples and rub the oil right on your heart. I hope this may help you... believer

Thumbs up Aromatherapy Pillow

I have used aromatherapy pillow, it helped me so much, with my sleeping and I wake up feeling good and energetic, a good remedy if you suffering from sleep deprivation. I also believe it help me with my anxiety.

They have a wide range of Aroma Essences, from Green Tea to Lavender. they also make them as Pillows, Blankets & Aromatherapy Mattresses.

Have A Good Day Everyone

Smile More essential oils for anxiety

Apart from the ones already mentioned by others, anxiety reducing essential oils also include basil, clary sage, geranium and sweet marjoram. For maximum effect use two or three oils together. Six drops of essential oils in the mix are safe to use for regular treatment, for a one-off treatment you can use up to 12 drops. Don't use them neat on the skin. They have to be mixed into a carrier oil.

Flower essences such as Bach flower remedies were specifically developed for emotional problems and make excellent natural remedies for anxiety. Most people will have heard of rescue remedy which contains equal amounts of five flower remedies. Depending on the situation, you can take four drops in 30ml of water or in emergencies directly onto your tongue.

Other Bach flower remedies for anxiety are rock rose, mimulus, sweet chestnut, aspen and cherry plum. They can be taken individually or mixed together. If mixed, use two drops of each remedy and combine them in a small amber dropper bottle, fill with water and shake well. Take four drops, four times daily; in crisis situations more frequently.

Thanks for sharing.