Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60
    I finally got to see my psychologist about my emet & shes told me to learn to live with my phobia ive got to gradually be exposed to it to overcome my anxiety! She says desensitising myself of it will make me cope with it! So now im totally bricking it for our next meeting! I am SO ready to get over this unbearable phobia running my life & now my daughters almost 1 im determined to get well for her sake because i want to be there for her if shes ill. My psychologist has traced the phobia back to the fact that my nephew lived with us all my childhood & he was very sickly & i begrudged my mum giving him attention when he was ill,hence the fact i dont like anyone being sick near me (or away from mer 4 that matter) & ill pass out if im going to be sick myself!!! :unsure:

Mum thinks this psychologist is talking crap & im not sure if i agree 4 the fact that i dont think my nephew puking a lot made me jealous of him, if anything i would think rather u than me! Well ill keep everyone posted has to my EXPOSURE very scary!!!

Has a new member i look forward to making some friends on here!

Love Hellen xXx

Dear Hellen

Welcome to the forum! I think you'll like it here as warm and caring people use this forum and chat.

I hope you find the support you're looking for.

Wishing you all the best
    Petal
    <span style='color:purple'>[i]A kitty curled up on your bed with you makes you complete.[/i]</span>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Hellen
    Im sure you will find the support and advice here
    also lots of friends tis a great site
    love
    Anna
    xxxx

Just a suggestion hellen, but peanut butter looks rather yuk and it was on a joke page my son got to pretend that you had been sick.
    try looking at that.
    Good luck !

hellen-

You can do it! Let us know how you are doing.

Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by dewey
    hellen-

You can do it! Let us know how you are doing.

Dewey

Hi Hellen,
    I'm known in chat as youngmom09. I just wanted to say that I also suffer from Emetophobia, so I know how hard it is to live with. I hope that this process helps you. For myself, it is not something I would be able to try right now but I think it is great that you are working to get better. I hope to see you in chat sometime. Would be really nice to get the chance to talk. Take care and let us know how things are going.
    xxxx love, youngmom

Hi Helen

I'm a new member with emetophobia i've had it for 35 years.

I'm also looking to make friends via chat

hope to hear from u soon Judith xx

Hi Helen

I'm a new member with emetophobia i've had it for 35 years.

I'm also looking to make friends via chat

hope to hear from u soon Judith xx

Hi,
    That sounds so awful! They say emetophobia is caused by a trauma and your nephew being sick is probably the reason. Showing you sick is deffinatly not going to get rid of your phobia. Maybe being sick yourself might change the way you feel about sick. I know its hard and nobody seems to unserstand but im sure you will get through it and stay strong for your child!xxx