Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

anxiety and chest pain

Is it normal to have chest pain so bad with anxiety, I've been great for 2 an a half days then bam I went to collect washing off the line an got a terrible pain in my chest which won't go! I've spent the rest of the day in tears convincing myself I have lung disease or worse, the trouble is all my Anxiety's physical symptoms are in my chest, can anyone help or relate to me ?

Chest Pain with anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by paula78 View Post
    Is it normal to have chest pain so bad with anxiety, I've been great for 2 an a half days then bam I went to collect washing off the line an got a terrible pain in my chest which won't go! I've spent the rest of the day in tears convincing myself I have lung disease or worse, the trouble is all my Anxiety's physical symptoms are in my chest, can anyone help or relate to me ?
    Well your not alone in that department, I have chest pain and either my anxiety triggers it, or its the other way arround. Sometimes its hard for me to tell and by then its usually too late because im all worked up thinking its the worse possible thing (heart attack) is usually the first thought that pops in my head So you are definatly not alone there. I've been checked, head to toe bascially, a few times over even.... they say im fine, i want to believe them but its not thats easy to convince myself so I just have to go threw the motions and let my anxiety run its course. Terriable feelings to say the least

Do you suffer from dyspepsia or heartburn?

Hiya I'm new here, this is my very last resort, after my 2nd child I started experiencing really bad anxiety and panic attacks I've suffered before 3years ago stopped taking cit for a good few months then started getting anxiety and panic attacks bad once again so been on 10mg for s month and now on my 2nd week of 20mg I feel terrible I'm so tiered, I feel like a cant swallow hot sweats headaches pains numbness weak leg numbness on my right side of my face I also keep getting horrible pains in my left arm I keep thinking its heart related my mum keeps telling me its anxiety but I can't help but think its not I honestly can't take much more of this I'm 22 and a mum of 2 age 5 and 10 months but no one understands how I feel I keep crying does anyone else experience this I feel like I'm constantly living on the edge and can't enjoy myself worried to go to the doctors as I'm scared they will find something wrong with me been checked a few months back and he said my heart sounded perfect, sorry to keep on hope any of you can help

Hi Fmarks,
    What seems important are those symptoms you described. Your doctor may have said your heart sounded good a few months back but is that all he checked? Did you have a blood workup done? Numbness in you leg and face, hot sweats, and headaches could be related to another problem. I don't want to raise a red flag here but you might want to see your doctor or another doctor like a neurologist to have these symptoms checked out. You're 22 and have many years to look forward to. So, be good to yourself and get a good checkup and make sure to mention all those symptoms to whoever it is you see. I hope these symptoms improve because you can't take the best care of your kids if you're feeling as bad as you say. If not for yourself, then for your kids go see a doctor soon.
    Take gentle care.

Don't worry, your not alone. I've been having anxiety for about 2 weeks now and before I ever new I had anxiety. I started having chest pains, I started worrying so much that I even went to the hospital and they checked me up for a heart attack and I was alright. I was healthy. It was all in my head. That I thought that I was having an anxiety attack. Whenever you are having an panic attack or anxiety attack. Sit down, relax. And just breathe threw your nose and out from you mouth. And just say relax, relax, relax. This is what helps me. I have even been going to a psychologist. Which has REALLY! Helped. I consider you going to a psychologist they really do make a difference. Don't worry. It will all get better.

It is advisable that you take some time off your daily activities and see negative things around you. This is because accepting what is negative is helpful in eliminating negative things. Do not ignore it. The best way to stop anxiety is interest or hobby. Whether it is music, or reading or completing the books, complete it. This will save you from unnecessary worries.