Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Exclamation PLEASE HELP! I have NEVER felt this stressed!!

So recently I have been feeling more stressed than I have ever felt before in my life, and I can say that without a doubt in my mind. I'm fifteen, and a few months ago got a job working at a fast food place. For the first month working there I felt so anxious I nearly threw up multiple times, my legs could barely support me, and I was holding back tears. Eventually I got over that, but the stress has hung around since then, be it not as extreme. Now I'm trying to become a swim instructor, and the stress is back, but more so this time. I nearly had a panic attack the first day, complete with hyperventilation, and the days after that weren't that much better. I have also been going down to the pool to work on my strokes, but whenever I go down I get stressed for no reason! I have no idea where it comes from, or why, but its killing me! The same thing with martial arts. I dont know what to do! I've been home schooled most all my life, and I am an only child, so that may have something to do with it, but I dont know. I woke up this morning in a haze, somehow imagining that I had a series of huge tests today, and I was feeling sick about that. And that was the moment I opened my eyes! This stress simply hasn't left me ever since the day I got that job, and ive noticed its never completely gone either. Even when I'm drawing or painting, (which is normally a blissful experience for me), I feel the stress. Ive also begun to unconsciously chew on my finger nails. I seriously need help, so if in any way you could provide that help, I will be eternally grateful. Thank you in advance!

I too deal with anxiety on a daily basis, but I socialized from a young age being publicly schooled. What you have to remember with anxiety is that it pops it's ugly head up when you are not happy, if you have tried a new job and you are still anxious about it after a month, the job is not meant for you it's not your calling, you will know when you find something right for you. What is the point of putting yourself through a job you hate? You can never build a career out of it, I was fortunate enough to build my career before anxiety attacks got the better of me, for a short period. But now I am stronger than ever I think of the positives and what I can achieve, the pros always out way the cons, if you give yourself a chance you can build your confidence but please remember it won't be overnight it's a long haul, but with the right friends and family, their support will pull you through.

How have things been? It's been 2 years since you posted this. Have you tried Dianetics yet? That really is what you're looking for.

Let me know if you have any questions. JustYourTicketToFreedom (gmail account.). You can email me if you have questions, but the website will spell it all out for you.