Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Thread: I'm new here

I'm new here

I'm new here and well I don't really know what to say. Just that I have a difficult time controlling my anxiety. I'm scared that I'll have a panic attack.

Hi. I came to tho site as I read about a lady who had a relationship with a man with ptsd and was ex-army. I have had the same experience. An ex-paratrooper who thought this section of the British army was paramount to all others, considered himself to be a legendary womaniser of the past, a guru in financial management etc. He was charismatic, but her physically and verbally abused me on several occasions. He then accused me of self-harming, I was always the 'cause' of these outbursts and he had absolutely no self accountability, almost as if at the moment these actions were taken, he was absent. He was paranoid about not being accused, and the police. He had spent some time in jail but once again, it was every one else's fault. i have returned to him on several occasions thinking he was smart enough to see the light. He manipulated me by sleeping with me and not touching me, because 'I had done his head in'. He accused me of giving him grief and trauma, even though it was only after his abuse and screaming at me that I would retreat and eventually become distressed, cry or leave in the dinghy (he lived on a boat). He would accuse me of chasing him with knives, (I never chased anyone with a knife) and trying to jump overboard. He was only happy when he was asking me to go to my psychiatric with him when he would sit down and tell the psychiatrist I was mad, and would have a list of self-diagnosed symptoms I had, according to him. I was forced to sign a letter dictated by him, while he was screaming and threatening, that I had mental disorders and self-harmed (luckily I have a recording of this event as I put my iPhone onto record I was extremely frightened). He accuses me every day of placing AVOs on him and will never let the matter disappear, and it was always my fault. Today he had a screaming ranting attack on me as I went to s different part of the country looking for a job. He has threatened to tell the police all sorts of (whatever he has made up at the time) and go to my bankruptcy trustees ( I was made bankrupt by a previous marriage) and tell the I had given him money ( he demanded money, now he is going to castigate me for it). I am shattered, lost and wonder if anyone can enlighten me to the traits of these ex British Paratroopers who think they are gods. He has known ptsd and I believe is a psychopath ( the domestic violence people have reassured me of this, whether they know through police records or however). I have a

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownLabel View Post
    I'm new here and well I don't really know what to say. Just that I have a difficult time controlling my anxiety. I'm scared that I'll have a panic attack.
    Don't be scared, we are all the same, we all do our best, and that is as good as it gets. It is just wonderful to be us