Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Wishing there was a quick fix for how I feel.

Hi! I am in need of friendship that understands the crappy feelings and thoughts I have sometimes. I am so tired of being sad and having nothing that can hold my interest for very long. Right now I hate my life. My family treats me with disrespect, my career is going nowhere and just when I think I am feeling better, rage and sorrow overtake my heart...my mind. I want to run, but I have run out of places to run too. I gave up a drug addiction four years ago, but now struggle with comfort eating and have gained weight rapidly. I have faith in God, but feel like he has stepped away for a minute, leaving me wondering where I have failed this time. I honestly want to go away, just go to sleep for a very long time, but there are some who do not deserve that satisfaction. I am stuck. All I have ever wanted was to feel happy, yet happiness has become my enemy. I really do hate my life.

Hello sadness4me... I'm the same I can't stay interested in anything for very long and find that people don't really understand. Anyway welcome to this forum and I hope you find some new friends here

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by sadness4me View Post
    Hi! I am in need of friendship that understands the crappy feelings and thoughts I have sometimes. I am so tired of being sad and having nothing that can hold my interest for very long. Right now I hate my life. My family treats me with disrespect, my career is going nowhere and just when I think I am feeling better, rage and sorrow overtake my heart...my mind. I want to run, but I have run out of places to run too. I gave up a drug addiction four years ago, but now struggle with comfort eating and have gained weight rapidly. I have faith in God, but feel like he has stepped away for a minute, leaving me wondering where I have failed this time. I honestly want to go away, just go to sleep for a very long time, but there are some who do not deserve that satisfaction. I am stuck. All I have ever wanted was to feel happy, yet happiness has become my enemy. I really do hate my life.
    Dear Sadness4 me, sorry to hear that you feel desperate and stuck. Everybody feels like that from time to time. I did too when I was in my 20s. Then everything resolved, one issue at a time. You managed to overcome an addiction, which tells me that you have great strength inside of you. When you look at all the issues together, you might get stuck and feel overwhelmed. Why not taking one small step at the time. Perhaps you want to work on your family relationships? perhaps on your weight? or on your career? which would be easier? Good luck!