Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60

Thread: Self-sabotage

Self-sabotage

Anyone else here a victim of self-sabotage? I don't know why I insist on hating and harming myself so much. I thought I did, but I now see that I actually don't entirely know where all this self-loathing and sadness came from. Why do I have to waste my life being this way? It's as if I was designed to want sabotage myself. It started during my teen years; I am in my mid-20s now and am worse than ever.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I struggle with self hatred and self harm as well. I self harm to channel my emotions during mental breakdowns in order to feel relief. What is your reason for self harm? I'm recently attempting swear off self harm and instead I try to channel my emotions in a healthier way such as writing down my feelings or through art. Maybe you could find an alternative to self sabotage. From what I know, there isn't always a reason for depression. It is a mental illness that can occur out of nowhere for no specific reason. I would recommend therapy if possible or at least talking to your doctor. Stay strong! I wish you the best of luck!