Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60

phobia, fear...?

Hi everyone,

Iíve been reading the forum and feel like I can really Identify with you guys. This is the first time Iíve told anyone about my fears.

About two years ago, I started having anxiety, my heart rate sped up, I began sweating and having tremors when I thought about going outside. It made no sense! People keep telling me to just try going outside, but whenever I do I feel sick and just want to go back inside. I feel like Iím wasting my life. I canít do any of the things I want to do and I always feel like Iím missing out.

If anyone can help me, Iíd be really grateful. Living like this is torture! I just want to go back to being a normal person.
    Thanks and lots of encouragement for everyone else going through this.

Hi sarah,

Well, great that you decided to talk about your fears. Have you sought the help of a therapist about this? I'm all too familiar with extreme anxiety and how it makes one feel. I have a similar problem as yours due to OCD and PTSD. I dislike leaving my home and also feel like my life is wasting away because of the problems I have.

Yes, it does feel like torture. I have to remind myself that I can try to be kind to myself, too, instead of always beating myself up mentally for how I am. Weird but it's not very easy to be kind to oneself. When you're feeling super down about yourself, try reminding yourself that you deserve to treat yourself better. I do know how very hard it is to do that when you're being sucked in by the mental quicksand.

Take good and gentle care.