Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60

agoraphobia depression panic

I've suffered mental health problems since I was a child. Developed panic and anxiety when I was 19. Then at age 27 I developed agoraphobia and now aged46 I'm finding it extremely difficult to cope. The Dr gave me strong sedatives and all I want to do is sleep and hopefully not wake up. I just wish it would end as I'm exhausted as every second of everyday I think about my breathing. I'm not sure how long I can go on for

Hi Paul - I think I know how you feel. I have strong sedatives too, but do nothing to treat the agoraphobia. Yes they make me sleep and every day seems the same and I don't want to wake up. I am 45 years old, and the nightmare keeps going on. I try to be positive and have gratitude for my life, but it is difficult to say the very least. I keep praying that I will wake up one day and greet the world like so many other's are able to do. Suffering with you, Shannon

Well I managed to get past my most horrid time I was having with the help of meds. I never ever wanted to take meds and resisted for a long time but in the end I thought may as well try it. It wasn't a good adventure and at times I thought I was a guinea pig. But I will soldier on and try to keep it together

im tired

im sick of battling anxiety and panic and agoraphobia. my cbt therapist is more concerned about my suicidal thoughts and me acting on them. i just want to live without fear and dread. i dont think its fair to turn to religion when things r bad and not when ur kinda ok. maybe thats why im like this as a punishment. ive been mailing the samaritans but its not helping. i need to vent and learn relaxation and coping strategies.