Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60

Thread: No license

No license

I am 18 years old, almost 19, with no license. I'm going to a community college and luckily a bus can take me there. I've renewed my permit 3 times
    and I feel like a loser. My boyfriend drives, and we only can hang out when he picks me up or visits. I quit my job because I couldn't get rides there.
    Sometimes I go driving, and nothing bad happens. I just feel like it doesn't come naturally to me, nor will it ever. I don't know why I feel so anxious about it.
    Anytime my mom wants me to drive I start shaking and want to cry, and I try my best to make up excuses. (I lost my glasses, I don't like driving in the rain,
    I'm tired, I have to study...) The longer this goes on the worse I feel like shit. All I want is to grow the courage to take my test and drive to where I need to go.
    It doesn't help that no one understands my problem. People always either laugh at me or insult me. I wish that others would just believe me that this is really
    a fear. I WANT to go to school on my own, work, fun places. This is hindering me immensely and I am becoming depressed.
    I just had to vent.
    Thanks,
    Meg.

I totally get your problem I'm 23 and still don't have my license. It's a huge pain in the ass. I'm forced to rely on my girlfriend or parents or whoever for rides or take the bus which is extremely unreliable where I live and sometimes leaves me walking long distances and making me late in the process. Unfortunately, I don't really have any advice for you except convincing yourself that taking the class and the driving test is such a small part of the process in the grand scheme of things that its better to just go in and get it over with sooner because it will only get worse with time. I mean you don't want to be 23 or older in class with a bunch of 16 year olds do you? Even with that thought it doesn't change the fear or the anxiety that goes along with it but you just cant let those fears win. You have to take a deep breath reassure yourself and just get it done sooner rather than later. Don't think, don't dwell just act and get it done... Hope this helps, good luck.

Thank you fatal banana lol.. your advice does help! I've been trying to convince myself but, you know how that goes.
    I'm thinking maybe around Christmas time I'll take the test...if I fail I'll eat cookies and open presents. Doesnt seem too bad :P
    But I couldnt agree anymore that it gets worse with time, so I should really try to get this done.

Anyways, thank you and good luck with your situation.

Best of Luck for your driving interest...hope you will arrange Lisence soon