Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60

my thoughts are causing me to feel alone in the world!

sometimes i just get these feelings of being the only ME in the world. Even though it's good to be yourself, there are times i wish other people could be me and feel what i feel. Im always experiencing thoughts of un realness, if that's even conceivable. but i feel out of myself at times like everything around me isnt real or how it should be. Then i have thought's that there is always going to be bad things happening to me or the world in general, like if i see bad things on the news or see people being mean to others it gets in my head and causes me to panic like everything is wrong.
    Anytime i get a pain in my body i start to think im dying and i really dont like the feeling because of its suddeness. Its all so overwhelming all the time, i dont like to go places very long or around big crowds of people like the mall or restaraunts because i dont know how ill react. loudness seems to bother me and also variations of lights so from dark to bright bothers me. My eyes are like a crystal blue color and the eye dr says my vision is something unatural so maybe that explains the light problem but all these overwhelming feelings pilled throught a day really takes a toll on me.
    I just dont want to feel alone!
    Last edited by rhodes111; 02-10-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Rhodes,
    You are not alone in this. Reading what you wrote is like I could have written it myself. The unreal feeling that you get is called derealization. I get it all of the time, and even though I know what it is, it always scares me. I have completely stopped watching the news, and I try to stay away from their webpages. I have the same problems with being scared to death of any pain that I have, and if something happens to someone else I know I live in fear that it will happen to me. I talked to my therapist about this a while back, and she said I have a problem with acting like these traumatic events that happen to other people are happening to me. Like I go through all of the feelings and emotions that these things happened to me, but they really didn't. I also have the same problems with light and noise. It's like noise and light are magnified a hundred times. I also avoid any place with a crowd, and I have an over whelming fear of passing out, even though it has never happened. I also spend most of time feeling dizzy because of the constant anxiety. Something that I tell myself everyday is that it is just anxiety and eventually I will have control over it. I also feel alone like you do at times. It's hard to explain these things to people who don't understand.