Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60

Help... I'm desperate

I have extreme insectophobia and it is ruining my life!!! I have tried facing my fear, I have tried hypnotism, the only thing I haven't tried is medication because I am against using chemicals to alter my brain... Kinda creeps me out...
    Anyway, what else can I try to over come this fear?
    And just to give you an idea of the severity of this phobia, when ever I see even the smallest cockroach, or even an unusually large fly, I feint and usually end up with a head ache from hitting the floor.
    What can I do?

Omg thats awful. I had a cousin that was like that. I use to laugh and laugh at her. I am a farmer type girl and spend much of my time with insects, worms etc. Maybe its a nice thing I mean to be so feminine. I am such a tomboy and have been all my life. I promise though I won't laugh at you anymore. I really miss my cousin. She and I were the same age and at 24 she died.

oh, I'm sorry about your cousin. It's alright, my family and friends all laugh when I react to a rogue bug, not funny to me, but apparently Hilarious to them :/
    The weird part it, I love spiders, snakes and mice. I would happily remove a spider or a mouse from a room... obviously I wouldnt touch a snake... but I wouldnt be scared of it. Im not so much of a girlie-girl...

Kinda funny last night though, My Uncle was at my house for tea, he was sitting on one of the couches in the living room and I was sitting next to him with my feet on his lap. I got up and left for my room and behind me I hear mum say "you way want to move that, If she comes back and sees it she will pass out" I sat down in my room and thought, what did she mean? then it hit me, THERE WAS A COCKROACH ON THE COUCH... I was on the couch. even thinking about it, I almost fainted. I walked out about 20 mins later and asked what they had been talking about 20 mins earlier. Jess, my little sis, says "there was a big bug on uncl---" she was cut off by mum "Nothing... there wasn't anything on the couch" she says. Jess says "yes there was! there was a cockroach" I havnt any idea what came after that because I passed out...