Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60

Symptoms..Can anyone relate?

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I figured I would try here. I have Agoraphobia I have been suffering with anxiety for 14 years since I was 13 years old. My symptoms and fears over the years have changed off and on. When I first started having anxiety I was usually short of breath and a tight chest..Over the passed few years now that I am an adult I have a whole new set of symptoms. The main thing that seems to always happen is the dizziness. I can be perfectly fine and then my head will start spinning. I asked my doctor about it and she didn't seem concerned. I try to stay away from caffeine because that makes me really jittery. Sometimes the dizziness can be really scary. I know that it is related to the anxiety, but as many times that I have heard that it is normal it still scares me. Another thing that happens that makes me feel really weird is it feels like I am really shaky, but I don't see myself as shaky. Like, I feel really shaky on the inside, but when I hold my hand up to see if I am shaky, I'm not. Another symptom is a little bit of confusion..I am not talking about forgetting my name or something like that..It's more like I feel like every thought I ever had is coming at me. It feels like my mind is racing really fast, but nothing is clear. When I feel like this and someone asks me a question it feels like I can't focus on what they are asking, and I really have to think about the answer..even if it is something I should know off the top of my head. I have the desensitization thing a lot..which I have learned to deal with for the most part. Along with the dizziness, this is pretty much my anxiety life. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Hi ya I know how you feel exactly. I have had agoraphobia for about 12 years now and anxiety and deppression for a further 5 years. I had a lot of different symptoms on and off but over the last 6 months things have changed a lot and my symptoms are now like yours. I hate feeling dizzy and the feeling that you are ok one min and then it creeps up on you and then suddenly turns your head and almost feels like someone is throwing the floor at you. I get very edgy and tense now on top of all the other symptoms I used to have. Also feeling not feeling as if Im myself or as if im looking through someone else and what they are doing. I also have IBS which is a big headach to for me. I get a lot of ticks and tremors I dont know if thats how you are but its not nice at all. I've also found im a lot more emotional than I used to be and that is problematic. Do you find that you are isolated. I have about one good friend and another friend I found on here years ago. This is my first posting in years on here so it would be nice to be able to chat with someone new if that would be ok with you . Hope things go well and that you improve soon. All the best

Hey! Thanks for replying! The dizziness is the worst..My biggest fear is passing out, and when you add dizziness to that, it makes my anxiety 10 times worse. If by ticks and tremors, you are talking about little jolts, yep I get those too and sometimes it scares me. Like I will feel perfectly fine, and I get a really strong muscle twitch that jerks my head or something weird like that. I use to just go to the chatroom on here, but no one is ever in there. The passed week or so I have been reading and posting on the forums a lot. It is nice to talk to someone who understands and can relate.

Hey ya no worries. Its also nice to meet someone similar too. I have looked for the last week for people being in the chat rooms but I was the only one about. Maybe because im in the Uk. There used to be quite a vibrant room but all the people I remember have gone sadly. The main reason why I came back to the site was to make some new friends on here and overcome the increasing loneyness and Disconnection. I have tried lots of various places over the last few years and each time the answer is no ur not my type kinda thing even when it comes to friendship which seems strange to me. Not good for ur confidence if ur low lol. Anyhow hope we can chat soon

hi NottsMan,
    I too have been in the chat rooms but I was alone also. When do people go in to chat? I am in central time which is 6 hours behind you. When it's midnight in UK it's 6 pm where I am. I have some UK friends who are night owls but not on this site. I have a lot of lonliness too but I don't feel comfortable in social situations. Online I feel quite comfortable and I enjoy people. Hope to meet you all soon!

wish_ :lol:

can anyone tell me how to get into the chat rooms? it says i need 10 something or other

I've used the chat rooms for years with no problems. I tried to get in there earlier and it won't let me connect it says I have to be a member and logged in I am logged in so why can't I connect?

I too have been getting the same msg. welshchick upon trying to enter chat and I have belonged here for at least 2 years. I wrote to admin. but no answer as of yet. So many ppl. want to chat and we just don't seem to connect. Keep trying....