Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Thread: 2 weeks?

Question 2 weeks?

About to go one 2 weeks with out cutting but I'm at a breaking point. How do I get my mind off it? Any help?

Just keep your mind occupied in something better.. something that makes you happy.. and slowly but gradually you will forget the need to do any harm to yourself.. even if the feeling or the need arises, just occupy yourself in doing something else.. like maybe eating a chocolate or drawing something or talking to someone if possible or going out to get something.. anything that puts you in a different phase and gets your mind and heart involved in something more pleasing.. you will gradually get into a new thought pattern which will condition your feelings on to a better level and you won’t feel like cutting.. the more we focus on staying away from it and restraining ourselves, the more it would come to us and the more we would want to do it.. the way out is to focus on something better and happier and that itself will allow any negative feelings to drop and fade away. Just like the only way to fill an empty cup is to pour some milk in it and the only way to remove darkness is to light a lamp or a light bulb.. ^^ . hence any feeling to harm ourselves needs to be replaced with some better feeling of happiness and love. And automatically you will rise above and fly as you are meant to.
    Last edited by spirit soul; 09-27-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Thanks for the idea. I just don't know how I'm going to focus with out going back to cutting.