Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60

Unhappy What is wrong with me?

I have an issue with affection. It's like when someone I care about hugs me or kisses me or even just sits too close to me I feel uneasy and get really tence, and it feels like my chest gets really tight and i can't breath. What's wrong with me? Why can't i just show affection too like normal people?

Hey Pandora,
    I know how you feel.I dont let anyone hardly touch me or ''crowd in'' on me and even rares hug me,not even my mom and dad.People have really hurt me and I cant take the chance of letting them get that close.I dont feel people have the right to recieve such affections from especially those that have injured me in my time of illness.

Hi There,

Pandora Lundblad, I use to be the same way some time could be a little social anxiety or fear of getting hurt. Sometime you have to trust or give the person a chance. Just explain to them you like to take things easy till you get to know them to trust them. Sometimes trust is hard. But its best to be honest.

I hope i was a help

Wanna chat when you sign in to main page scroll all the way to the bottom click on chat link. click in block enter you chatname or user name(recommended) click connect we all have alot of these issues we go through, we talk about. the chats really helped me over time.

Sincerely
    Chris_C
    chris cavicchia