Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Thread: Hello.

Hello.

Hello. I suffer from anthropophobia, I'm prone to depression, and I also have Aspergers. I used to self harm, and sometimes I still want too but I resist it.

I'm currently trying to get over my anthropophobia, I've had it since I was a young kid and it's only these past few years that I've been able to face up to it. It's had a massive impact on my life, restricting so much. I believe that it stemmed from events in my early childhood, and wasn't helped by my Aspergers. My father wasn't a nice man, and as well as being a physically abusive person, he also mentally and emotionally abused. During those first few years where people interact and begin to develop social skills, I never did because I wasn't allowed to have friends.

I won't get too much into it here in the introduction though. So, it's nice to meet you, and I hope being on this form can help me.

I had to look up anthrophobia, I thought it was fear of furries.

I'm very likely autistic myself so I know where you're coming from.

Welcome to the forum! You should also check out the chat if you have time, it's very fun and useful.

hi
    your story sounds similar to be only i cant figure out where it came from. I dont believe genetics are that influential. Because ive had anxieties from a young age i assume it was a few bad years in school and home that started the whole thing , around age 5-8. I recall a lot of name calling at primary school and am starting that had something to do with it, also my father was a cold and bad tempered man during them years.
    I dont think you can be born with anxiety, but i think some people are more sensitive when they are growing up, to their environment and treatment, than others. would you agree with me?