Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60

Question PAXIL , anxiety/agoraphobia

Was just prescribed Paxil ( generic) in 10 mg ... i have such severe anxiety that I am scared to death to take the paxil at all. I'm 22 and weigh around 140-150 pounds. The doctor suggested I take 5mg for a week then bump up to the 10. along with that take .5mg of klonopin for the anxiety. i know the paxil takes a few weeks to kick in I'm just nervous about the side effects if it will make my anxiety worse or not. I can't handle worse anxiety , I sit in my house all day have a panic attack symptom for up to 10 hrs. i really need to take this medicine but was looking for some advice if any one thinks that it won't work because it is so low or not. i realize it sounds stupid to be afraid of taking a medicine just mentally when i have the pill in my hand my anxiety gets to the point where i think it'll make it worse when i take it , and i can't handle that right now in my life.

to be honest i suffer through panic attacks every day and i can tell you i refuse to take any pills.... for some people they may work but you shouldnt want to depened on a pill to save your life,,,,, learn how to cope and study your anxiety..... man i tell you bro i have some really bad ones where i feel that i wont make it to see another day but i do thanks be to GOd..... nomatter what you go through just know that u wont die and that you caint fight this let it happen i know that sounds stupid to say , but its true youll just make it worst

Mines tot he point i can not leave my house and am in danger of having to drop out of school so i will take any med to give it a chance but when it comes down to taking it i am scared to death of the paxil bc i am afraid it will have bad side effects or cause more anxiety , even though i am on the lowest dose possible

I tried to comment to u Kenneth on my other post but it didn't post.....I will msg u if u don't get anything soon MSG me my stupid iPad is probably being an awhole lol

I have been on Paxil for about 8 months. It was given to me for depression. I am still having panic attacks on it tho. I am here to see if anyone has found anything that works for panic attacks.