Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60

beginning stages of Agoraphobia?

Hey everyone.
    I feel as though I may be entering into the early stages of Agoraphobia.. My anxiety and depression have slowly been getting worse, but now it seems anytime that I go too far from my house I have an awful panic attack that takes hours to feel as close to normal as I can again.. Car rides are awful, I don't even like going right down the street anymore. I use to love shopping, and car rides and now I dread them.

Any thought of how to try to get this under control, or any tips on how to possibly help?

This sounds just like my situation. I used to love traveling and I used to be so independent and now I am terrified of going too far from home. I think this is a common consequence of untreated anxiety, but check with your doctor to be sure. It's a terrible feeling to be afraid and not knowing why, so don't worry you're not alone. I know exactly how you feel...

hello and i sometimes cant remember where i am and how i got there and life does not seem real could someone please help me and diagnose me

i cant say anything for the forgetting part but i too have the nothing feeling real thing. my advice for that would be check out things on derealization and depersonalization and id imagine you will see simularitys with what your going through for that part. hope this helps

nice discussion ...... carry on guys