Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60

Agoraphobic husband-i don't know what to do anymore

Hi there. My husband is agoraphobic and it's ruining our lives! I am his security blanket and he hasn't left the house without me in a couple years, and I dont leave the house without him because he cant be alone either. He has lost all of his friends and can't work due to this. We are about to lose our house, and he's just going deeper and deeper into depression. He won't take medication, and all therapists have not worked. He just broke down and said he can't live like this anymore, and we would all be better without him. I'm scared to death and don't know what to do. Our children don't even know what it's like to have parents that have steady jobs. He has been buying, fixing up, and selling cars from our house to make ends meet since he has been like this. I feel so bad that I can't fix this for him, and I have nobody to talk to and neither does he. Please tell me that I'm not alone.

I sent you a PM. I know exactly how you feel! My husband is the same way

I am a husband that feel this way. I haven't worked in 3 years... my wife and I barely talk to each other anymore and I felt like a hero once...Now my days just go on and on...with no real fun..it sucks.. I want my life back

have you considered a service dog? if you want to talk about this option let me know.

I think you should try for some online jobs so that will help you pay your expenses.There are many peoples that are facing these problems so its not mean that you depressed and stay at home and don't do anything.You need money to pay your expense and for that you need to do a job.