Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Thumbs down Has anyone else had problems with zoloft?

I am taking zoloft and have been for about 4 months now. I was on 25mg than 50 and now back to 25mg i am feeling sucidial which i am afraid to die so i dont know how that works but anyways i hate this feeling i am takeing for anxiety and its making me feel depressed and not "love" anything. It makes me so sleepy i cant wake up and just feel like curling up in a ball...what do i do?! Any suggestions?

1st thing.. It may be the medicine that is making you have those thoughts. I was having suicide thoughts about a month ago. I was actually admitted into a Mental ward because of it.. Once I got inside it was a really cool place that I could talk to others that had similar problems that I was having.. The reason I was having those thoughts was because I was coming off of the drug effexor. I would advise anyone reading this not to go on Effexor..

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.. Please message me. I Want to hold you accountable for your actions. You need a friend that you can promise that you will take messures to protect yourself. I was were you are now.. It will come to pass, I PROMISE... I don't want you to end up as a number.. So please take good care of yourself. I AM HERE TO LISTEN..

You may want to tell your doctor to try wellbutrin instead of zoloft. wellbutrin does not help with Anxiety, but is a good depressant medicine. I think I take 150 gigakilagrams of it.

I have been on zoloft for 8 months now and its worked for me at first i had alot of side effects but it went away after two weeks plus im on xanxas to i olny take half a xanxas because i was hooked on them last time

I had taken one dose of zoloft, and it was terrible. I took it at night as directed by my doctor and after maybe three hours of sleep I woke up and was wide awake. I could not sleep anymore that day. Then the shakes, and the dizziness, and the crawling out of my skin feeling set in. I was amazed all this happened with one dose. I guess I was just sensitive with it. My doctor has said most females generally do not tolerate zoloft well for some reason

I also took zoloft jus one time. I didn't even take the whole 50mg that was prescribed, i broke it in half. that's because i'm afraid everything will hurt me and wanted to see how it would effect me slowly.I took it and within about an hour i started having jaw tightness and pain. When i woke up the next morning i felt as though i was giong to swallow my tongue. I also was very fearful and that started me to panic and i ended up going to the hospital. I don't like it. Oh, and i am a 60 year old female.

I take 150 mg of Zoloft. I don't think it is working for me. I wish I had a better one to take.. but the Pdr. said I need to stay on this one for a while. So I am giving it a chance. I get shooting pains in my head sometimes and I am sleepy all the time.