Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60

Don't know if I am just being silly or I have a problem?

It doesn't look like this forum is that active, but I'll post anyway.
    I have had a thing about vomit since I was about 7. I don't actually remember a trigger but I remember being very concerned when I was younger. I do remember having a horrible dream once about my brother being sick all over me and my bed, but i don't remember if this was before or after the thing started. Anyway, when i was younger I was forever checking with my mum at bedtime "is anyone going to be sick tonight? Do you feel poorly? Does dad feel poorly?" etc. When people were sick, I would feel nervous and panicky, my heart raced and I cried. I sort of got over it, and when i had my daughter she had reflux so was sick a lot but it didn't bother me. I thought I was cured. But then when she was about 18 months old she got a sickness bug and I realised that no, i really wasn't over it! She started gagging near me and reached for me for a cuddle and i pushed her away, she started crying and was then sick but I literally couldn't go near her. Then she was fine, and she didn't get a sickness bug for a good year/18months. Then about 4/5 months ago she was sick again. I am a single mother so there is nobody else to look after her, so we slept downstairs. Now I ask her all the time if her tummy feels ok, and I really don't want to put this fear onto her. Also, if she does cough or sound like she may be sick, my heart races and I can't be around her. If she is actually sick, I can't comfort her, I have to keep her at arms length and do my best. i feel like I am failing s a mother. tonight she has had a dodgy stomach. I spent ages asking hwo she felt and if she felt sick. If she is sick, I'll be useless and won't be able to comfort her. I don't want to not be able to comfort my child when she is ill and I don't want to pass this fear onto her. Is there anything I can do about it? I know I could see my GP about it but i'm worried that it's not bad enough if you see what I mean. It's not like it stops me living my life but I'm really concerned about how it affects my daughter.

77777777777uuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppp