Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60

self-hypnosis or hypnosis therapy?

I keep hearing people talk about this, like stress relief therapy, using hypnosis? Has anyone ever tried this or even know what it is about? I have been under INSANE pressure at school at teh minute and I just feel responsible for everything that happens in the world, even though I have nothing to do with it. I have a counsellor at school, but she hasn't been helping much. She just kind of sits there and talks about this other issue i have with being touched... but anyways, anyone know anything about hypnosis as therapy??

Hypnotherapy is AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    I keep hearing people talk about this, like stress relief therapy, using hypnosis? Has anyone ever tried this or even know what it is about? I have been under INSANE pressure at school at teh minute and I just feel responsible for everything that happens in the world, even though I have nothing to do with it. I have a counsellor at school, but she hasn't been helping much. She just kind of sits there and talks about this other issue i have with being touched... but anyways, anyone know anything about hypnosis as therapy??
    I had hypnotherapy to deal with my anxiety and stress as it was extremely bad and i was recieving no help from the mental health services. Hypnotherapy has changed my life, it has made me so much more calm and logical and even after one session i felt immediate results. It is a completely natural and relaxing state which increases communication between the subconscious so you can find causes and make changes to behavious, contrary to popular belief you are completely aware of everything during hypnosis you just feel very relaxed, you could open your eyes if you wanted to and they can't make you do anything you don't want to do! Hypnotherapy DEALS with the issue whereas counselling is only really talking about it, in fact they say 4 sessions of hypnotherapy is equal to 3 years of counselling. I found the whole experience to be really relaxing and i am now training to be a hypnotherapist with the hope of working in an anxiety clinic, as i have been truly inspired by the whole thing. The only thing you need to be warned about is choosing the right therapist, good luck and i really hope it works as well for you as it did for me
    - Beth

I would say this if you go with hypnotherapy make sure the person who does it is reputable. If you can get a recommendation from a friend or doctor...