Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I understand I have a lot of phobias that lead to other phobias slender phobia led me to fear of the dark and fear of being alone I can't stand to be in a house alone if I get home from school and my parents aren't here I'll wait out side for hours my grades are starting to fail and when I tell my parents about is they get mad and yell that there's nothing to be scared of so I get no comfort from them. So I found this site and hopefully it'll help.

Hi i have monophobia and what you discribe is exactly what i do the fear is so bad it's ruining my life ive not been on my own for yrs now and am hitting rock bottom carnt carry on like this, would love to hear about what you have tryed to cure it and if they worked people dont understand the impact it has on your llife and everyone elses not being able to do simple things thanks for reading and look forward to your reply x

I have the exact same phobia.

It is frustrating, life changing and it is something that no one will understand until you have been through it yourself.
    Everything I do revolves around my phobia of that. I cant even let my parents do anything or go anywhere without them letting me join them just so I cant be at home alone. It makes them angry too because of course sometimes in a car you cant fit everyone in the family in.
    Right now I am no where NEAR getting sorted with this phobia, but I do see very much where you are coming from with this.

Let me know how CBT gets on with you, as I have been sent for it.

Hello

It began in my late teens. I was a heavy binge drinker at that time. One day, out of the blue, my body began to tremor all over while I was at work. I went straight to my manager. She was asking me, Have you ever had seizures? I said no. I don't know what is going on. She called 911 and they told me I was having a panic attack. I was like, Okay? I wasn't panicking about anything but if you say so.
    I just thought my body was malnutritioned because I drank the night before. I quickly discovered. That was not the case. I was having panic attacks all the time. I seen a doctor and he put me on a anti-depressant

From then on. The fear set in. I was always afraid of being alone only in a area where I can not reach help by someone I know I can trust. This has dictated my entire adult life as I am now 37. Here are some examples"

WHERE WE PURCHASED OUR FIRST HOME. It had to be close to my home town and in a sub-division with other neighbors in a close proximity with a fire department or police station close by but what I truly wanted was a large piece of land with no neighbors where we could have the freedom to ride 4 wheeler's and have fires and shoot guns. LOL

HOW WE VACATION. I always have to have another family go with us because if I don't my husbands time on vacation is baby sitting me and not enjoying himself. For an example. He is a "in the closet smoker|" he is not aloud to leave my site to even smoke a cigarette if we are not in my home town. If I have to go to the bathroom in a restaurant, mall or theme park he literally has to wait for me right outside of the door or I will not go. But what I truly want, I would love to have the freedom to experience things on my own in unfamiliar places.

MISSING IMPORTANT EVENTS. My daughter was suppose to be the flower girl in a wedding. I was not able to drive to the church because it wasn't in my "Safe Zone". I have a dear friend that had a terrible tragedy happen in her life and her son died. She needed me to come to the hospital and be with her and I could not drive myself there because of this stupid phobia!

Please help me! This has got to stop! and the worst thing is. I am seeing huge signs in my daughter. She is only 10. I never acted like this when I was 10 but she definitely does some things that the average child would not do.

I am looking forward to hearing from anyone.

I've recently been diagnosed with monophobia and it's a relief to see I am not the only one - none of my friends/family really understand.

My boyfriend and I purchased a house in May 2014 and that's when I really noticed I had a problem - he works night shifts & loves fishing so is away at least 1 night a week sometimes 5 and that is when I suffer. I am currently undergoing CBT treatment I am coping a bit better however I wish there were a magic wand as it feels like I never going to be happy by myself overnight

I'm the same :(

:
    Quote Originally Posted by time2change View Post
    Hello

It began in my late teens. I was a heavy binge drinker at that time. One day, out of the blue, my body began to tremor all over while I was at work. I went straight to my manager. She was asking me, Have you ever had seizures? I said no. I don't know what is going on. She called 911 and they told me I was having a panic attack. I was like, Okay? I wasn't panicking about anything but if you say so.
    I just thought my body was malnutritioned because I drank the night before. I quickly discovered. That was not the case. I was having panic attacks all the time. I seen a doctor and he put me on a anti-depressant

From then on. The fear set in. I was always afraid of being alone only in a area where I can not reach help by someone I know I can trust. This has dictated my entire adult life as I am now 37. Here are some examples"

WHERE WE PURCHASED OUR FIRST HOME. It had to be close to my home town and in a sub-division with other neighbors in a close proximity with a fire department or police station close by but what I truly wanted was a large piece of land with no neighbors where we could have the freedom to ride 4 wheeler's and have fires and shoot guns. LOL

HOW WE VACATION. I always have to have another family go with us because if I don't my husbands time on vacation is baby sitting me and not enjoying himself. For an example. He is a "in the closet smoker|" he is not aloud to leave my site to even smoke a cigarette if we are not in my home town. If I have to go to the bathroom in a restaurant, mall or theme park he literally has to wait for me right outside of the door or I will not go. But what I truly want, I would love to have the freedom to experience things on my own in unfamiliar places.

MISSING IMPORTANT EVENTS. My daughter was suppose to be the flower girl in a wedding. I was not able to drive to the church because it wasn't in my "Safe Zone". I have a dear friend that had a terrible tragedy happen in her life and her son died. She needed me to come to the hospital and be with her and I could not drive myself there because of this stupid phobia!

Please help me! This has got to stop! and the worst thing is. I am seeing huge signs in my daughter. She is only 10. I never acted like this when I was 10 but she definitely does some things that the average child would not do.

I am looking forward to hearing from anyone.
    I'm the same, been on a waiting list over a year now to see some one to talk about it, all they seem to do is give you more antidepressants which help a little with mood but not with the root of the problem, it is awful when you can not do the simple task of driving down the road or even going to the toilet it is a nightmare, I have started off with very small tiny thing and by repeating them you slowly feel able to do them small tasks other do with out thinking but we find a nightmare