Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60

Can't stop having panic attacks :(

For the past month, I've been having panic attacks constantly. I've had them before, but NEVER this frequent. It seems they come one after the other. It's starting to wear on me, and I was hoping someone would have any tricks or suggestions on coping with them or getting rid of them

Quote Originally Posted by Kat-Lynn View Post
    For the past month, I've been having panic attacks constantly. I've had them before, but NEVER this frequent. It seems they come one after the other. It's starting to wear on me, and I was hoping someone would have any tricks or suggestions on coping with them or getting rid of them
    What helps me.... (and I suffer from same thing SEVERE SEVERE panic atacks) is placing myself around my dogs or sum1 I know will help me like my parents even tho i hate being around them they are a form of safeness and comfort.. socializing talking about how u feel... however if ur alone or its late at night try turning off all loud noises and watch somthing that will make u laugh or call sum1 if u can... I don't know if this helps but let me know

I too have been down this road. There were many evenings when I paced the floor for several hours, checked my blood pressure every few minutes, and prayed that I wouldn't drop dead from a heart attack. It's not easy but you have to remind yourself that it's a manifestation of your mind. Find a way to distract yourself from whatever it is you're so focused upon. I would think about things I liked to do like fishing with my son. I would drill it down to the point that I could see myself at the lake, see the line tighten and watch myself fight the fish. Without making this too long... You just need to find something positive to think about and redirect your focus. Best of luck with this. I know how difficult it can be.

thanks for all of these good ideas...I try to talk myself out of it....I also do the same thing surround myself with my animals or my husband and laugh about silly things to get my mind off of it....i am glad I found this site tho b/c I now know that I am not alone with all of these symptoms and triggers....

i find when i tell myself that im not scared to have a panic attack ,like accepting it ,if it happens it happens ,dont hold nothing in talk about it ,this helps me ,