Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face Accomplishment of the day

I made this thread for everyone, I find that this may be benificial for everyone and myself breaking the ice and being proud of some of the simple things that come by hard for people with illness like us to deal with day by day. So at the end of everyday im gonna post a accomplishment or achievment small or big that I had overcame through adversity and past my illness. I would also like others to post aswell if comfortable ty

Nikolas

Today I conquer'd some agoraphobia I been having for the last few months. I get scared and light headed when I go in basement to do laundry or take a shower. However today I did both with great confidence took a nice hot shower felt so good.. on other days I have to be in and out like 4 minute showers literally and today I didn't even think about it

Congrats, that's great. Today I was able to make it all day without having any thoughts of self-harming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat-Lynn View Post
    Congrats, that's great. Today I was able to make it all day without having any thoughts of self-harming.
    Yay! Hugs... good to hear that's awesome

Thank you

lowered my dosage of meds and feeling good about it, lets see how it goes.... i consider this an achievment because i dont believe medication heals

First, this is a great thread. I hope to see others post their small but significant accomplishments of the day. I know I will.
    Second, don't anyone be discouraged to post things that may seem too small to acknowledge...if you were able to do something you weren't the day before, it's still an accomplishment and a big step toward self-growth.

So, my accomplishment of the day:

I woke up and felt horrible about myself, but decided to read a self-help book and do all the things recommended I do. I'm putting forth all my effort into it. After that, I showered and felt great. The neighbor next door was selling a bed, but I feared my anxiety would be too much. Still, I ignored negative thoughts and just went out there with a decent amount of calm. It was awesome, because I've been too nervous about going to a store and buying a new bed. I got a great deal, and I faced my fears. Huge accomplishment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInChains View Post
    First, this is a great thread. I hope to see others post their small but significant accomplishments of the day. I know I will.
    Second, don't anyone be discouraged to post things that may seem too small to acknowledge...if you were able to do something you weren't the day before, it's still an accomplishment and a big step toward self-growth.

So, my accomplishment of the day:

I woke up and felt horrible about myself, but decided to read a self-help book and do all the things recommended I do. I'm putting forth all my effort into it. After that, I showered and felt great. The neighbor next door was selling a bed, but I feared my anxiety would be too much. Still, I ignored negative thoughts and just went out there with a decent amount of calm. It was awesome, because I've been too nervous about going to a store and buying a new bed. I got a great deal, and I faced my fears. Huge accomplishment for me.
    thats awesome, im so very glad to hear that .... sorry i havent been very active in last week or so alot of things going on but i will try my best to get on here and chat/post with my fellow forum friends

For the past few days, not much has been going on. But today held a wonderful Accomplishment Of The Day:

I went out with my boyfriend, before he left to monthly U.S. Marines training. We had an honest talk, like I almost can't describe. I opened up more than I ever have about my social phobias. (I couldn't tell him everything, still can't, because I do little things to try and hide myself while he's talking to me. If I told him everything, he would know when I do it in public and he would act weird, and that would cause me more anxiety. You couples know what I'm talking about, don't you? lol)

Plus, I also spent some quality time with my little brother. Not hiding away in my bedroom all day is a small but solid step...

Well havent had much to accomplish lately maybe yall can give me some ideas ... everything seems so blahhhhhh