Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Unhappy Hey guys, I need some advice or help, I'm a teen and idk what to do...

I've been having a lot of anxiety & panic attacks & some depression lately. I have been going to doctors & it took a while, but i finally have an appt with a doctor who can prescribe me medicine on monday. These panic attacks and all of this anxiety has been keeping me out of school/going home early. My mother knows about it & she has receives calls from teachers & just tells them that I don't feel well. (We chose to kept my business out of school because who really wants all of their teachers knowing & making it an even bigger deal?) Anyway. So I basically missed everyday this week & my math teacher & science teacher accuse me of cutting & not showing up to their classes on purpose and everything. My mom wrote me notes (from when I did make it to class) but I still feel like they are judging me & like they hate me. I feel like they look down on me & this is where my anxiety kicks in. I get nervous to walk into the classroom because i am embarrassed and I don't want to face my teachers & explain myself to them & have them look at me with that "yeah right, you're telling me total BS, you were probably out smoking or hanging out with your friends" look. I just want to look at them and go "NO! I WAS HOME SLEEPING AND CRYING AND FEELING TERRIBLE..." but I obviously cannot do that.

I just don't even know how to face my teachers because of the judgement. It keeps me awake. I've been up since 2:30 am (it's now 9am) just thinking about this & then before I had to leave for school I got a panic attack & now I am back in bed.

Did anyone go through this? Anyone have any advice? I feel just so mentally tired with school & I feel like i'm drowning in it & it's so overwhelming, especially with the teachers on my back.

Hey, I know what you're going through. I am a freshman and my parents just recently got divorced. On top of that my closest Grandpa died. I am in a horrible state of depression right now and I'm just looking for someone to talk to. I have missed 2 to 3 days every week of school with a total of 25 days missed. The teachers are constantly on my back and my friends always tell everybody I'm faking. I don't know if they're even my friends anymore, so I can't tell them the truth about anything. I am up until 3 every night and I go to school high half of the time. My mom hates me and I don't know what to do. On top of all this I became mentally addicted to marijuana, and physically addicted to Codeine and Promethezine syrup. If I don't have it everyday I become irritable and I uncontrollably shake. I have to basically drag myself out of bed every morning and I don't enjoy living. I am not sucidal, but it's only because of marijuana. If I didn't have it I would go crazy and probably hang myself. I desperately need someone to talk to and God bless you if you read this

Hi exhausted! Hang in there. The way that you're feeling is completely normal when you suffer from anxiety and depression. The folks that you're having trouble with (your teachers) may seem like they're "picking" on you, but they're really not.

Anxiety and depression can make a person hypersensitive to anything and everything around them. Because your teachers do not know the c***umstances that are keeping you from school, they can only go with their hunches as to why you're having attendance problems. It's great that you have such a supportive and understanding mom.

Unfortunately, most people who have not experienced anxiety and depression on the scale that we have, can't understand how crippling and paralyzing it can be. Keep your chin up, and regardless of what you're feeling, it's not personal. Once you've had your appointment with the doctor, they'll be able to prescribe meds that will help level you out and make you feel better so you can function. Good luck!

Hi James! Often times bullies are being "bullied" themselves at home or out of school and so feel like they have no control over their lives or what's happening to them. Unfortunately, some peoples way of dealing with these issues is to bully other people so they're able to control something. If all the people who were being bullied by this guy stood together, he wouldn't have a leg to stand on! The good news is, karma, these people who bully others are usually the ones that grow up to make nothing out of themselves and have no one.

Hello Cman! I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this very difficult time. I was wondering, is there a crisis line or emergency room close to you where you could talk to someone that may be able to help you? Often times if there's nothing available that you know of, you could go to your local church and explain the situation to them. They'll know what resources are available to you so you can get the help you need to get better. Stay strong!
    When the world says, "Give up,"
    Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
    -unknown