Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60

Thread: Agoraphobia

Agoraphobia

Hi, I have agoraphobia and I'm just looking for some other people who share my problem to talk to about it. Does anyone else suffer from agoraphobia who can give me some help and advice on coping with it?

I also suffer from agoraphobia, although it is somewhat difficult to admit it. I spend most of my days inside my home, and the rest at my boyfriend's place. I can go to the store and run a few errands, but it usually involves an extreme amount of anxiety and self-doubt.

There are good days and bad days. There are also a lot of average anxiety-filled ones. A few things get me through them. One is a saying I heard mentioned on this website in the chat room:

"I will recover by taking small risks at my own pace."

Agoraphobia makes self-improvement very challenging. It also provides us with a vast amount of hidden potential. And only we can unlock it.

AliceInChains. So true. I also find it extremely difficult to admit I have this problem. It just sounds so lame and stupid. Sometimes I even forget that I have it and once I'm reminded I feel like hell and so guilty. I'm getting through it though like you said, one small risk at a time.

well...
    i am also suffering from it some times ....

Melbourne Personal Trainer
    Last edited by Aiken; 03-03-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Keep ya chin up xx

I've had Panic Disorder/Agoraphobia & Depression for 31 years.
    It stole my life from me...
    It has ruined EVERYTHING!

I;m dealing with this same thing and all I can say is it is not fun. I hope to get over it one day but its not an easy journey for us (so I've read). I can usally get myself to get up and out but once I'm out there I just want to be home again.

this is my first time on here. i also find it hard to talk about iv had it on and off in different forms my whole life, im 26 now, but for the last 5 years iv been almost housebound bar 1 safe spot a friends house a couple of minutes away from my house. i also suffer from derealization which makes it very hard to accept things as reality so it maybe some time till recovery. just know you are not alone and dont let people who dont understand it make you feel like it isnt real as iv had problems with that. also if you go on youtube you can find people talking about it which can be comforting and try not to give up trying to recover.

I'm sorry to hear that Joe. Please keep your chin up.