Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60

Scared, Scared, and Scared. no surprise!

emet has taken over. stomach flu is going around, my purse has 5 things or hand sanitizers. think i'm pysco? your absoulutly right! i stay away from everybody! i eat lunch alone... and somedays have to push my self to school. its terrible. if i got the flu, i dont even. *KNOCK ON WOOD.* life is a mess right now. better yet, tommorow is the anniversary of my grandfathers death...! I cant take this!!!! Emet is ruining me and my social life! my panic attacks consist of terrible nausea! WONDERFUL. just what i need. a daily scare!! and yes everyday i have a panic attack, mild or severe! i need help! no physcoligists, counselers, medicines, help!! anybody with the same issue? i feel so alone! and of course scared! thankyou for taking your time to read this... god bless!

Hi, i have exactly the same problem! When i was younger i used to eat alone in the classroom while everyone else ate in the dinner hall. I can just about manage eating with my friends now but as soon as someone mentions the word 'sick'im out of there! I feel sick all the time which causes me to have up to 3 panic attacks a day! You're not alone, quite a few people have exactly the same problem...for instance me!

I have the same problem I've never talked to anyone else afraid of being sick. When I was younger I stopped eating all together, got disgustingly skinny and people thought I had anorexia or an eating disorder. Sooo I understand how you feel and though I don't really have any miracle cures, I'm here for you if you need to talk to someone who understands

I've had the same problem for as long as I can remember. The fear of vomiting goes hand-in-hand with my panic attacks, as well. As a child, I would vomit nearly every night because I would suffer from severe anxiety. I think I just developed this overall phobia of it because of that. The thought of vomiting causes anxiety, the anxiety causes the sensation of having to vomit, which causes more anxiety, and the vicious cycle continues. I also fear stomach bugs, food poisoning, etc. I carry hand sanitizer with me wherever I go, so I know how you feel. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. It's definitely not easy to live with. I'm available if you'd ever like to talk!

Hello :-) I am emtophobic to but I seeked help for it, I go to a therapy session once every 2weeks and she preforms whats called emdr and its worked amazingly well on me, before I couldn't go out at all or socialize, I have lost loads of friends due to them not understanding but I'm getting better and I'm loads better than I was. Might be worth googling hypnotherapy and emdr and also local therapists near you on google to :-) hope I have helped a bit and if you want to chat more then message me :-) xx

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuitcaseKid View Post
    I have the same problem I've never talked to anyone else afraid of being sick. When I was younger I stopped eating all together, got disgustingly skinny and people thought I had anorexia or an eating disorder. Sooo I understand how you feel and though I don't really have any miracle cures, I'm here for you if you need to talk to someone who understands
    Hello, I have been an emetophobe now for about 12 years, my story is the same as TheSuitcaseKid: stopped eating all together a number of times as a child, people thought I had anorexia etc. I struggle with this phobia every day. Sorry I have no tips for you, but if you want to talk, I'm here.