Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Unhappy Surgery this Monday! No moderating for 2 weeks!

Hello friends!!

I want to let you know I'm going to be having surgery this Monday on my nose and sinuses, and while it's a day procedure my doctor assures me the recovery will be a bit complicated.

He's given me a two week timeline that I won't be accessible to anyone, including myself... apparently I will be doped up a lot because it's very painful. If you don't count the time that I had my wisdom teeth out (which I was awake for) this will be my first surgery where I will be knocked out.

I will not lie, I'm very anxious. I was trying to respond to forums but catch myself fidgeting, having heart palpitations and the like. Time to take my own advice and do some self care.

I will miss you guys sorely! (Haha.. did you see that pun?) Stay safe all of you, and I wish you the best these next few weeks!

Colourgirl

Colourgirl,
    Hope your surgery goes well and your recovery. Don't want anyone messing with my noes, nope!
    Have a question if you will be back in here before Monday. I noticed you mentioned to someone about a chat room. I can't find it. Could you help me?
    Thanks Colourgirl
    Gotoverit

Super Moderator
    Gotoverit,

Ty for the well wishes! If you go to the main forum page, scroll all the way down. The last header, says: Anxiety and phobia chat. Click on that and it will get you into our chat room. Make sure you have java downloaded in order for the chat to work. (It's a quick and easy download if you don't have it.)

Take care!

Colourgirl

Thanks Colourgirl

Hope you surgery goes ok hun!!

Super Moderator
    Hello friends! Just wanted to let you know surgery number 1 is over with, and going into surgery number 2! I sure know how to spend the holidays! Didn't think they would be able to schedule it, but they squeezed it in this year. So I will be out for about a month more... which makes me really sad, because I miss you guys! Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Stay safe, and be gentle with yourselves. This time of year isn't easy on us at all.

Colourgirl

Can't wait for you to come back!! We miss you too.

I hope your second surgery goes well!! Merry Christmas and New Year to you too :)

Super Moderator
    Hello friends!!

Happy New Year! Thank you for the well wishes everyone, I'm slowly recovering, but I'm so glad to get the surgeries out of the way. I will come back to moderate after I am off the pain meds and in my right mind again. I've missed you all something terrible, and I can't wait to catch up! Much love and gentle hugs to you all as we start this new year together!

Colourgirl

WE (I I I I ) are (am) so HAPPY that you're back!!!