Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help me with new Medicine

Hey, I need to talk to my doctor about switching my meds.

on Celexa, I had thoughts of suicide.

on Remeron, I am getting fat as a cow.

Any suggestions for new medications for severe depression?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Hey, I need to talk to my doctor about switching my meds.

on Celexa, I had thoughts of suicide.

on Remeron, I am getting fat as a cow.

Any suggestions for new medications for severe depression?
    Hi Smiley

Oh the dreaded side effects of AD's if its not one thing its another, I dont have any suggestions for you as im on Citalopram (Celexa in the US). From your post I can see that you have tried 2 different types of AD's

Celexa being SSRI and Remeron being TeCAs they work by different methods.

There are loads more out there that you can try, the only thing is they all have plus and of course minus effects.

The best thing to do is talk it over with your doctor and see which one is best for you due to your lifestyle etc.

Good luck Im sure you will find something that will be more suitable to you.

Im sure your not the size of a cow either, dont be to hard on yourself.

Take Care

Ally

Smiley,
    I am in the same boat as you! I have tried multiple meds n have the same problems with each! If ur main problem is depression u could ask your doctor about wellbutrin. A side effect of that one is weight loss! I wanted to go on it becouse of that n it also helps u quit smoking, which i also need to do. My doc would not put me on it though becouse my main prob is anxiety/panic disorder n wellbutrin tends to make anxiety worse she said!? I was bummed;( But maybe ask your doc? Hang in there

Thanks Ally and Spacey,
    I will ask the Doctor about changing the medicines next time I go to see them. If wellbutrin will help me lose weight, then that would be a major plus!!

Smiley, I'm on Lexapro and 2 years ago my Dr put me on Welbutrin to counter act the symptoms of the Lexapro and I haven't lost a pound while taking it. I Just keep putting it on

Good luck!

I took wellbutrin and it did make me lose 40 lbs..but it does make anxiety worse and sad.

I am on Wellbutrin now. I will give you all an update when I start feeling better or worse.

SInce my start with Wellbutrin, I think I feel better, but my anxiety is a little whack.. Depression sucks more than anxiety, so I am happy that I am not feeling so down.. I was hospitalized a week or so ago for having suicidal thoughts.. I do feel better now, but I do not see a decrease in weight..

I am on zoloft 50mg and half of a 0.5 xanxas gets me through a whole day i did have some side effects i had the runs my jaw felt stiff i could not stay still i was real jettery but after a weak it got better i been on my meds for about 7 months i was scared to take them at first but now im glad i did

I have heard the zoloft and Welbutrin are similiar. Well, at least my PDr. said that if the wellbutrin didn't work, then they would put me on zoloft.