Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Unhappy Emetophobia, i need help.

I have a few types of anxiety but the one which affects me most is my emetophobia, the fear of vomit. I am 16, and have that this for 7 years. I struggle with doing everyday things because i am afraid of vomit, not so much vomit itself, just not knowing when and where it could happen. I get this feeling when i have 'panic attacks' or am worrying that makes me feel like im going to puke, and it makes me immediately want to go home from where i am because i feel sick. I'm lost on what to do and have tried many things such as books, programs, counselors, and nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any suggestions on ways for dealing with panic attacks, ways to calm down?

HI.. I suffer from the same phobia of the V word! I dont even use words that imply it like the T word or the V word or the P word!! I have suffered from this phobia since I was 4-5 years old. I have recently started to see a therapist. I am clueless on what to do or how to go about getting help for this. I have called over a dozen therapists and they have all barely even heard of this. Let me know if you find out any helpful stuff on here.

Thanks

your not alone!!

I suffer from it too. Just remember the people who have a phobia are best at having it NOT happen. I am 30 and haven't thrown up for 10 years! REMEMBER THAT!!

I have a big fear of throuhging up. I am not sure what it is. the feeling or the doing. i know that it is gross but i hate it. i cant bare throughing up with out my parents or even the feeling. it is so scary. i hate it. I have panic attacka and think about throwing up all of the time. i fear that i will throughup every night and it is so scary. i have panic attacks and am so scared of even the slightest feeling. you are not ALONE. i have a fear of throughing up and fear it every night.

i have the same thing. i have a fear of throwing up and i fear it every night. i have panic attacks and i am so scared of it. even the slightest thing makes me scared. im not sure if its the doing or the feeling but i hate it. its so hard because a fear is a fear. i fear that i am going to throughup every night and it sometimes leads to panic attacks. i hate it and fear it every night.