Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Is there a natural remedy that actually works?

Just wondering if there's anything for depression and slight social anxiety.

I'm taking St. John's wort, an herbal medicine, for depression. It's commonly prescribed for depression and sometimes social anxiety.
    I've been taking for about a month now and it helps a lot. I haven't experienced any side effects, and from what I've read, most people don't. I take it three times a day in capsule form with my meals. Some people drink it as a tea. It's available over-the-counter, so you don't need a prescription to buy it. It works by helping reduce serotonin loss, a neurotransmitter involved in mood, behavior, and sleep cycles. You might want to talk to your doctor before you start taking it to make sure it won't interfere with other medications you might be taking.

Hope this helps! Take care, Malaya

For more info:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...cientists.html

http://health.howstuffworks.com/well...l-remedies.htm

Super Moderator
    Hello missmoon,

I have found that I have gravitated towards natural remedies more than I have towards western medicine. These include: vitamins, supplements, minerals, chinese herbs, acupuncture and exercise. There is a reason why there's a huge health movement out there: because it naturally resets our bodies w/o the negative side effects. You will find that there's much information out there to support various natural remedies, and it takes experimenting, gathering info, and time to get your own personal concoction right.

I find I always have an ear out for something else that works well that's natural that I've not tried yet. I've found though, that working on negative thought patterns and learning to tame the mind has been one of the best things for my depression and anxiety, coupled with the auxilliary methods.

Take care!

Colourgirl

Hi,

I am trying to find people who have tried Anxietin for thier anxiety,panic disorders. I am a bipolar and have been on medicine for over 20 years. I also have hi anxiety and as I age it seems to be surfacing more. I do not reallly want to get on another med for anxiety. I did some searching and came across this natural med called Anxietin. I was wondering if any one out there has ever tried this, and if so does it work. I am really looking for some relief in my anxiety. It is so hard to find people who experience the same as I am.

Thanks
    Lak

The BEST stuff you can do for anxiety/depression is the same as what you would do for good health anyway. Eat really well, LOTS of fresh stuff, make sure you sleep enough and at the right times ie get your sunshine during the day and sleep at night and exercise. Also cold showers for 1-2 minutes only everyday are superb, can't explain why - takes too long to type lol but check out water cure by sebastien kneipp.

I'm with you,Saro
    Prayer(God)sleep,enough water(we are made of mostly water and you'd be surprised what a lack of this causes)low salt/sodium,low sugar,whole grains,fruit and veggies,exercise...I did try St. Johns Wort but the problem with herbs(sometimes)is that there may be a little more in one tab then the next (was proven)so the dosing may be off and not exact...But it has worked for some without side effects so......Nice to have options

Yes, breathing exercises can help. Also reading The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle helped me.While it's not directly related to anxiety/depression it is superb in many ways...

Yes that works basically its all in our mind and we should treat that in the right way as much as we can,Whenever we are having some kinda mental disturbance best way to get rid of that is changing your focus because that is important for us.Listen to some music or watch a film that will help you.

physical therapy billing software
    Last edited by churlchil; 08-05-2013 at 04:50 AM.

There are various natural remedies that actually work to deal with the depression and anxiety.
    You can do some exercises preferably yoga and meditation to beat the depression and anxiety.
    Healthy & nutrition diet and sports & fun activities are also good natural remedies to deal with all kinds of the stress, depression, and anxiety.

adamprowse weight loss
    Last edited by Gilbert125; 01-04-2014 at 05:12 AM.