Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60

I hate driving alone!!!

My attacks always seem to happen alot more when driving, even short distances....I feel like im going to pass out at the wheel and my eyes play tricks on me(though I know I need my eyes checked doesnt help) Thank god for my friends, family and my cell phone, cuz i can talk on the phone til i get to my destination....its like i need someone to know where i am if something happens on the road....very frustrating!!!

Ur welcome love you

Hi,
    I was also feeling like you. But I was trying hard of driving training so that I may get confidence. At last I get back my confidence. Now I have no problem to drive. So you should drive more in a free road. I think you will get back your confidence.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    rparo1,

Good for you for finding ways to keep yourself grounded while driving. You know what causes you to panic, and you came up with a good solution! I just hope you talk on a hands-free set.

I agree with tofayel525, exposure therapy is the best way to take that fear away, and build confidence in yourself. I had the same issues with driving ... and would come out sweaty, wet, and shaky on the other end of the drive. Not pleasant at all!

Colourgirl

I hate driving . Especially on highways and expressways,
    I don't mind driving 2o miles per hour

What sort of tricks do your eyes play on you? I don't have a fear of driving alone, although I feel like my eyes also play tricks on me! And then sends me into attack mode which I then almost have anxiety attacks! Which then make me hate being alone.. Hope
    Your doing okay by the way!

Hi! I'm having this really intense feeling of panic when I start to drive alone for an for about an hour. At first, I don't believe that this has to do phobias or something, that the feeling shall pass. But it hasn't. It's been almost a year and I still fell like the former. What shall I do? My family told me to get a dog but I'm too afraid to try.

Quote Originally Posted by carlabe659 View Post
    Hi! I'm having this really intense feeling of panic when I start to drive alone for an for about an hour. At first, I don't believe that this has to do phobias or something, that the feeling shall pass. But it hasn't. It's been almost a year and I still fell like the former. What shall I do? My family told me to get a dog but I'm too afraid to try.
    Thông tin cu?a ba?n râ?t co? i?ch dô?i vo?i minh.
    Ca?m on ba?n nhiê`u nhe?

I also hate driving alone, and I will not do it on long distances. I also get extremely nervous when I am driving with someone who doesn't have a license. Like if I have to take my sister to work it makes me a nervous wreck. If I do get nervous then I can't exactly pull over and let her drive because she doesn't have a license. I usually always let my husband drive. Lately if we are running to the store I will sometimes take the wheel and as long as he is next to me I am okay.