Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60

Red face Valerian Root and Magnesium for Night Anxiety/Insomnia

Hey everyone,

I'm taking magnesium (500 mg) and valerian root (three 450 mg capsules) to help with night anxiety and sleeping. I've been using it for the past few days, and so far its working great. In the morning, I don't feel groggy after waking up. I'll give an update to let you all know how it's working....

For more info:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...thandwellbeing

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/magnesium-000313.htm

Marikit

The magnesium and valerian root still help me sleep and they don't make me feel tired the next morning.

Writing in my journal, listening to relaxing music, or reading something light also helps calm me down before bed and reduce anxiety. =)

Super Moderator
    Hello Marikit,

I knew about Valerian root but I didn't know all that great stuff about Magnesium! Thank you for posting those pieces of information!! I might think about adding magnesium to my night time routine!

Colourgirl

Magnesium...Awesome!Valarian...not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Colourgirl View Post
    Hello Marikit,

I knew about Valerian root but I didn't know all that great stuff about Magnesium! Thank you for posting those pieces of information!! I might think about adding magnesium to my night time routine!

Colourgirl
    "Natures Tranquilizer"is 2 to 1 or 1 to 1 (500mg of calcium/250-500 magnesium)As far as Valerian,alot of side effects can accure.Remember,its an herb that is super concentrated and therefore needs to really be watched for allergic reaction/side effects.I'm a "newbie" so not saying Marikit is wrong,actually really good advice(just be careful with all herbs)i worked in a health food store for 2 years and then continued interest in alternative med/food/diet while playing college basketball in Wisconsin.for depression,B-complex(50-100)def. helps.And side studies have shown that high niacin doses cure depression.....Glad i found the site and Colourgirl,you seem to do a really nice job here