Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Do you have a special phobia? Would you like to share a little about it? For project

Hi

Im a student on the Danish Designschool, and im currently working on a project where we have to make a sort of an Artists Book/Graphic Novel. The subject is 'Phobias', and i would really like to know more about what causes these phobias and how it feels. More like, what from the specific 'thing' triggers the anxiety, or what is disgusting about it.

Tell me about the feelings concerning your phobia.

I hope you will join me at this, i would be very pleased!

I suffer from the phobia of throwing up.. Need help on this topic

I also have emetophobia, the fear of throwing up. the feelings it brings make you feel sick like you may vomit, shaky, uncomfortable, cold/hot.

I have a phobia on wires need help on this please

I have a phobia of dieing and elevators, i am not like locked down in my house or anything, i work at a hospital right now, also i am going to school for phlebotomy, but I make myself everyday get on a elevator even though i might get scared that it might drop or going to sleep and wondering if i am going to wake back up....

my medicines for my panic disorder have been helping me work through this and I have to tell myself that the chances of stuff happening are slim....

I have Spectrophobia, which means I am afraid of mirrors and ghosts. I got this due to some horror movie I watched when I was 7 or something. I have removed all mirrors out of my bedroom and office. I avoid facing mirrors with my back and touching mirrors. When I go on holiday, I cover up the mirrors in hotel rooms with towels and I never sleep next to a mirror.
    I don't like the dark so I always sleep with a light on unless I have my boyfriend to hold on to at night. I hate noises at night and I get nightmares very easily. I have but to think about nightmares and ghosts and I will be having bad dreams at night. Also, my bed is next to a wall and I cannot lie with my back exposed. I have to lie with my back facing the wall otherwise I get anxious. I hope this helps!

I just saw this was a post from 2011, so you probably won't be needing that anymore.