Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hi
    right now im alone and i like to read what everybody has wrote to keep my mind from thinking about dying. Everyday when i wake up i pray i think that im gonna be better, but im not. I feel like im crazy. I always think if i can get through this day and wake up okay and im not dead. i can make it through the next. But everyday is so hard. Ive been thinking about hypnosis. What do ya think?

Firstly I just want to state the obvious, you are not alone in this sweetheart. So many of us who deal with panic deal with fears of dying and death and even smaller more unrelated things that shouldn't matter. One of the reasons I'm so effected by panic is because I'm sensitive to outside factors, like the news, music, what I see on tv, if I hear something bad I automatically take that in and panic, fearing for my life and my family. There are so many "things" that people say you can do to calm down but it never really settles the panic that's in your chest. One thing that has really helped me a lot especially when it comes to fear of dying and the future is to find support in church. Me knowing that God is with me and is beside me through this, crying with me when I'm scared, is instant relief. I pray often and read the bible. It didn't always work because I didn;t understand, but when I got involved with church and started going to a life group, a clearer understanding came to me. It's hard to think why God would let something like this happen to us, what did we do to deserve this and if He's almighty why can't he take it away, this was a constant conflict in my brain and then someone said something to me that turned it around. These lives are not ours, God mad us for His purpose and what we go through whether good or bad has a reason and it will ultimately shape us into better God-like people. We need God, he makes the plans and during these times we are so much closer to Him. We just have to trust that this will not last forever and that when it does end we are going to be in a better state of life and of faith. I believe I'm ging through this so that I can witness to others going through it, because we all need somebody whose going through the same thing to talk to. I encourage to look to God and use His love for use as a way of overcoming, it's not an over night fix, I've been dealing with it for 6 months now, but all you have to do is believe.

Before we were born God mad plans for us, he planned our birth, our lives and our deaths. We all have a purpose here in the world.

Erica, I'm so sorry that you feel these ways. I have suicidal thought on days when my anxiety and panic is real bad, and it's terrifying, I suggest if your not on medication to try that first, this site is a great way to get counseling and to say how you feel which is something that people with panic and anxiety need, an outlet, and aside from those two things first I would say that hypnosis, if it works for you, then do it!!! Good luck.

BE blessed.

I'm s happy you said this because I could never find words to explain how I was feeling. You said you fell like there is no point because were all going to die anyways, this is exactly what most people feel when. I always just stare at things, outside, cars , people and just wonder why?? Why do we do any of this? I get terrified when I think like that because it makes me fearful for my children, like well the world is going to crap and when I die my kids are going to have to deal with this, and you know I fear that with being sick I'm not doing a very good job taking care of my children and then I get depressed. I am also very relieved that I found this site, I haven't been able to actually talk and connect with anyone in such a long time!!

This is exactly the same as me and it gets extremely scary because you are afraid that you might now wake up the next morning. I gets so hard when you heart starts beating fast or harder and you feel short of breath like I am right now, took a lorazopam and should help soon, but it is a very scary thing becasue i am only21 and have a daughter and fiance. I don't want to die and i get terrifed when i get prescribed medicines. Took everything i had to start taking them, seem like my zoloft is helping and lorazopam too but it going to take time! But i know where everyone is coming from. I want to get better and I can get through this.

Hello,
    My first time in a chat room like this. I want you all to know that you are not alone. I have panic disorder and fell like I am dying when I have panic attacks. I feel like I am going to pass out because I stop breathing and have to concentrate on my breathing. I am 33 and had my first panic attack at 16. Over the years, the panic and anxiety has come and gone. It's also changed in how it manifests itself. If anyone tries to tell you that what you are experiencing is not a panic attack because that is not what they experience you are wrong. It is different for all of us. I have been on several medicaitons. Paxil worked but the withdrawal symptoms were terrible. Prozac made me feel depressed. I am currently on Zoloft and that seems to be working. It's been 6 weeks since my last panic attack. I still take Lorazopam on occasion. I would recommend medication to anyone with panic disorder but do so under the guidance of a counselor. The meds can do strange things to your body in the first few weeks but sometimes they actually work. Just remember that you got through the last panic attack. You lived. You learned a little about yourself. It will get better. Anyway, that's how I feel right now.

i get bad panic attacks to know for like 16 years

I have had this fear all my life,while having a panic attack.You are not going to die,you just have to let it run its course.Are you on any meds. for this??? What does not kill you,makes you stronger.Sometimes i wander about this saying..

This is exactly uhh my dilemma and have had similar events when I was younger. I never thought as much about dying until I suffered panic attacks since I was 19. Everyday my mind is preoccupied with it which in turn causes me anxiety which has seen me watch channels or research things I'd not normally do. Ie God tv and heaven. Sometimes I can be ok for a bit then it just pops in the brain and anxiety strikes several times a day. I thought I was going mad and.other irrational thoughts come into my brain about being trapped in my body and it goes on.

I'm a firefighter... the hardest thing for me to imagine is how. I've seen so many horrible things in the last 10 years, so it makes me wonder what's in store for me...