Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I've lived with anxiety/panic in many of its various forms and extensions since I was a small child and I am now 33. Some of the things I managed to over come, some I thought I had but came back lol. I was doing really well recently and had begun to tell people that I was a "recovering agoraphobic" thinking I had only 1 step left. Anxiety and panic had other ideas, I had a breakdown at the end of Sept. I have not gone down the pill route for many years but for the sake of my 2 children I've had to this time. I hope this relapse doesn't last long, it's horrid when you feel as though the sun will never shine on you again, but I know it will :-D Take it hour by hour, day by day. I am here for anybody that just wants a listening ear, support, a friend. x

Hi I feel exactly the same I have a constant fear and I have a little girl and a happy family it's actually startin to rule me. Will it ever go away

I've been dealing with panic attacks and anxiety for awhile now. My grandfather committed suicide last August, and my grandmother and one of my friends passed away within about a week of each other this past March. So in the span of seven months, I lost three people that I cared about. Their deaths raised the question of my own mortality, something I'd never given much thought to. My panic attacks started happening out of the blue. I would wake up in the middle of the night not being able to breathe. My heart would be racing so fast that it felt like a heart attack. It got to a point where I was having panic attacks every single night, and I started being scared to go to sleep because I was afraid that I wouldn't wake up in the morning. I'm currently seeing a therapist and, from reading some of the other posts on this thread, I'm blessed that she's been able to help me work through this stuff. Going to the doctor and getting a physical is helpful because it's concrete evidence that there's nothing wrong with you, but another aspect is just giving it time. Some nights I have a hard time sleeping because I'm "so sure" that I'm going to die. But when I wake up the next morning, I realize that despite all the anxiety I had the night before, I made it through the night. That realization is what keeps me going through the tough times; realizing that it's nothing more than panic. My therapist told me that even though panic attacks feel like death, nobody has ever actually died from one. It's difficult to console yourself with that fact sometimes while you're having a panic attack because the physical effects of the attack (i.e. heart racing, tightness in the chest, etc.) feel so intense, but you have to remember that it's JUST anxiety. You're not dying. I'm probably making this sound a lot more simple than it actually is, but trust me when I say that I know it's hard. It's something that I'm still struggling with, along with depression and trying to grieve my loved ones. But it does get better. I believe that it can go away as long as you work at it. When you're going through a tough time, it can be hard to see outside of your own pain and to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I struggled with eating disorders and negative body image for years when I was younger, so I understand what it's like to feel like it's never going to get better. But I pushed myself through that and I know that I'll push myself through this anxiety... and so will everyone else on this forum.

Sorry for the novel, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents. *tips hat* Thanks for listening... reading... y'all know what I mean.

I have the same fear and don't know how to stop it i am currently 13 the thought randomly comes intoy mind when I am doing nothing and I can't stop it it scares me so much I get up and move around that kinda works but I'm not scared of death but what comes after

Go check out Dianetics (the modern science of mental health). go to the .org website. Literally in 4 minutes you'll have an overview of where this kind of stuff comes from. Keep watching and learning and you'll start to handle it.

You can get everything you need from there. But I'm personally happy to help. Email me at JustYourTicketToFreedom (at gmail).

Matt

I have a terrible fear of dying I donít know when it started. Unfortunately my father passed away 1 year ago today suddenly from a massive bleed in his brain and he was gone instantly. That just terrifies me that one second your here and the next your gone. I donít know what to do... itís preventing me from living my life. What methods have helped any of you? Counselling... medication?? Iím desperate I donít want to be scared 😢

I feel so similar to your situation is there any advice you can give me