Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60

Quick Stress Reducer

I read about this in a magazine. It definitely doesn't cure my anxiety attacks, but it can sometimes reduce my stress:

Make a fist with one hand to find where your ring finger hits your palm, then press there with your thumb from the other hand. Keep pressing to stop your body's stress response.

well i believe that one thing doesn't works for everyone .. And every person has his or her own way to cope with it ..

Spokane Fitness Trainer
    Last edited by joewow; 12-03-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Super Moderator
    ZPG,

Have you tried EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)? Supposedly tapping on meridians is also stress relieving. Personally, what helps me a lot is acupuncture. It accesses the points deeper, and the release is incredible and palpable! I love it!

Colourgirl

joewow, that's very true. Different things help different people. This thing probably won't help a lot of people. It helped me between the time that my anxiety got really bad and the time that I got on a medicine that was good for me, but it only helped a little bit.... but every little bit counts. I think it's intended more for people who are stressed, not for people who are suffering from anxiety/depression.

Colourgirl, no I've never tried that. Do you go to a doctor for the acupuncture? It seems dangerous to me, but that's probably because I don't know much about it :-) I'll try to check out those other 2 things in the near future.

I'm sorry that I'm so late getting back to your comments!

I've tried EFT, surprisingly it did help especially with compulsive thoughts. Also I really liked progressive muscle relaxation, you should just be able to google it, it doesn't work immediately but I did it twice a day for a couple of weeks and it really seemed to just dissolve all that physical tension right out of my body. I've only got to do it once a blue moon now when I feel really tense.

Hey ZGP
    Yes,i have done and heard of tensing up diff. parts of your body ,then releasing ...It does help...So for a temp.fix,thats not a bad option.but(like Joewow said)everyone is different.I think to help in the future with a more long standing approach,get some vitamin B-complex and some vitamin C.They are both water soluble and tests show that(under duress and stress)we lose vitamin C.I do 3000 mg(or 3 grams)a day and 1 B-complex 50 mg(to balance you out)Try some deep breathing,as well and try to get some exercise in to burn off that excess energy... Good luck! Doug
    Last edited by mark439; 04-19-2012 at 12:05 PM.