Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Advice please...

Hi, I am a 13 year old girl and I have had anxiety for the past 5 years. When it started, I could only get myself to leave the house for school. I thought it had all gone away, but it returned last fall. Lately, I've been considering asking for a prescription medicine to help ease it. I start high school in a couple weeks and am going to try out for the JV volleyball team, and I do not want this disorder to affect me anymore than it already has. I was wondering what you guys thought about taking meds for it, because I have no idea about the side effects, dosage size, or affectiveness of such drugs. I also don't want to have to deal with therapy. So any advice, tips, info, etc. would be great. Thnx!

At your age you need professional help before your anxiety leads to depression and it will blossum to other mental illnesses. The question of side effects is a pyschologist can prescribe medicine with minor side effects, You might even just need therapy even though you don't want it but it has no side effefcts other than it is really good for you.
    You are smart by asking for help the pyscholgist will probaly start you on one of weakest anti-anxiety pills to see if it works, So dosage will be decided by him.
    Don't let this get any worse if you beat it at your age then your life will be many times better. You mihgt only need to be on Meds a few weeks to clear it up. You already know the answer, you just need to please get this beat at a young age. I am 46 and suffered since I was 15, I was an Alcoholic tell 30 and then the doctor diagnoised me with just depression aan small amount of anxiety, I quit drinking and have been on Meds since, I spent a Month strapped to a Hospital bed once, I have had over 80 ECT'S Electro Convulsive Therapy. Yes I got shock therapy. I lost two wifes over a ten year period due to the drinking, before I knew it was a Mental Illness. I lost one of the bestt job's I could ever have had. See "CATeen" it can ruin your life if you don't get it taken care of, at your young age. I will lose my house now and lose my third wife probaly and will probaly be homeless for a while. This is serious stuff. Do you want my past life, oh yeah I will probaly die by 50 due tao all the Alcohol damage done and all the life I just explained, I will say it and you won't like it seek professional help, don't end up like me. 46 years old with the worn out body of a 60 year old man, I still stay in shape but my life candle is going to burn out quick. GET BETTER!!!!!!

I don't want therapy because I don't have the time or money or patience for it. I don't need some person telling me that it's all right to know that it will be. I already know that everything's going to be fine, but it doesn't make my anxiety go away. It's not that severe anymore to seek help in that way. And alcohol addiction isn't a concern at all in my mind. There's never any alcohol in my house and just the smell of it makes me feel sick to my stomach.