Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Just got told I have PTSD

Ii was told today I have PTSD. I am a little confused about that.. I always thought soldier or rape victims are the ones who got that, you know people who have went through awful events. I have went through some things that I guess was traumatic to me, but i had by no means a bad childhood, and the things that were traumatic to me would prob not even phase someone else. I know I have anxiety and I am a hypochondriac, but i never thought of PTSD as a problem. The lady told me that even though it seems not a big deal, that it was traumatic in my brain and thats why it has caused all these problems in my adult life, because it happen when i was most vulnerable in my childhood. To be honest i am just sick of it all.. Seriously I just want to be able to be happy and feel normal. I am so sick of this, and I am so sick of the way others around me have to suffer because of my problem.

i just got told 2 weeks ago that i have that.

Mandi I suggest you get a secound opinion., Quote from "The Anxiety book" Symptons of PTSD. 1 you constantly relive the traum in the form of reurring memories,flashbacks,nightmares( know as "reexperiencing"or "intrusive" symptons." 2. You avoid feelings about the trauma, or situation that triger those feelings, by becoming numb or detached (referred to as "avoidance" and "Numbing"symptons0; and 3. You feel agitated, irritable and quick off the trigger; have trouble concentrating or sleeping; as easily startled;and are on a state of "high alert" all the time (called 'Hyperarousal" sympton).
    This book was wrote by the Direcrtor of the The Anxiety snf Trmatic Stress Program at Duke University Medical Center.
    If you fit in to any of the 3 symptons or are not sure get a secound opinion. I was in the Private Sector of the Military for 12 years and before that 6 years in the Military. I saw hell and inhumanity,death, and I could go on. But I do not have PTSD. I have every thing else OCD,GAD severe depression, Sociaol Phobia, Augrophobia. Severe Depression, I have two forms of depression? Well get A secound opinion or research on the internet as I stress to anybody who is not sure of their diagnosis.

Mandi I know how you feel I have mild PTSD and I too feel weird confused that I have it because like you what happened to me would not be tramatic to any one else. Thats why I kinda keep it under wraps on what my PTSD is from because people would make fun of me and probablly say things like thats stupid to be that distrot over and you really didnt get PTSD your just making it more than what it was. But I just keep telling myself its not like I asked to have PTSD and its not like I would make up having symptoms to have it because who the hell would want PTSD. I have like the mild case of PTSD the one that goes away with time I dont really have PTSD symptoms like I did in the past I have very few now. Heres the link where I have written what happened to me that caused my PTSD make fun of me I dont care. http://critters.com/main.php?action=...089&page_no=12

whyme,
    I just read your story. And it is NOT stupid. You have got to be one the the most caring people to love that animal. I was very moved by it and I'm very sorry you had to go through that. I thought it was very nice to memorialize Chrissey like that! Hoping you have many brighter days!

Thanks luv bug it means a lot to me that you read it. Yes I LOVEEE animals there like my children I would do any thing for them. I have lost a lot of pets 6 in total }: not fun I grieve very heavily over it. It hurts I miss them every day but I do know grief means love. A year and 6 months after chrissey past I got another pig and I fought so hard to get him to the animal sancuary he got there and its all because of what chrissey and god taught me. Hes been at the sancuary for about a year now and I vist him once or twice a month. We celebrate his birthdays too he is now 2 years old. Thanks for reading her story again and being moved by it. I know becoming a vegetarian doesnt happen over night. take care huggs