Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60

ECT Eletro Convulsive Therapy

As many of my post state I have had over 80-90 ECT's in a 3 month period 4 years ago, I lost all memories of anything before I was 18-20. I now have short term memory loss and think it was the worst thing medically done to me, I was at the time deemed unfit to make my own decisions. My legal rights were taken away due to my depression and anxiety. My wife saw me through all years I suffered and she carried me mentally and ran the house, I was on long term disability then an still had full medical coverage, she signed the release form giving rights to the doctor to give me ECT's. They put in an IV in your arm and take you in the room with your shoes off, that is how the doctor knows how effective amount of shock your getting, well they put you to sleep and you wake up in recovery room with others who had the same treatment. So I had mine on 2-3 days a week for at least a month. I forgot the prior days activities and was zoned out the rest off athe day. It does not sound bad when you read all this but it was not easy. I had to get a shot before hand to calm me down so they could put an IV in me. My question is has anyone else here had ECT's done to them?
    Last edited by Gray Matter; 07-30-2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Title is worded wrong.

I just want to bring this back up to the top of the list, because I know you are out there just tell me how your experience was? Can this practice go on there is a new magnet therapy that insurance doesn't pay for yet. But I want legal action against the Doctor who did this for wiping my memory clean of twenty years. I can be told stories from High School, look at year books and even went so far as to set up a supervised meeting with my first ex-wife and got an affidavit testament from her on questions and pictures, she left crying and said" Even though we are divorced 8 years you are not my Eric anymore you are a blank slate." And her husband and father helped her walk out. Her Dad chewed me out for putting his daughter through that and her husband came over and said we will never help you in a court case, so that went well. Treated just like a mental ill person always are. looked down on, no-respect, and think all we are good for is cheap horror movies as the killer who missed one dose of Clonapin now we go on a killing spree. I hate life, it never gets better it always finds a way to fuck us in the teeth and knock us down a step. If God is out there thanks for the life of hell and dispare you set me in.