Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

Thread: Hey !!

Hey !!

Hey I am new to this site, I came across this on google, just feel like I need somewhere I can get things out of my head without upsetting or worrying those around me....not that there are many people close to me now, most of my friends are too busy to deal with someone who is miserable most of the time... I have suffered from depression, anxiety and paranoia for the last 3 years, at times it has reached a point where I could cope with it then all of a sudden I am back to feeling like I do right know. In all the time I have suffered from depression and the rest I have never felt as bad as I do at the moment, this is the lowest I have ever been... I have been signed off from work for two weeks as I cannot deal with the stress of being at work... I know that people at work will not understand and they are probably not happy with me but I need to try and feel better somehow!!

Hello and Welcome! This site certainly takes the pressure off trying to explain all the daily crap - because people here understand in spades. I've had the same issues with explaining to friends and family who just want me to start being happy. The work issue is a complex one and one I am also currently dealing with. I have been out of work (with no desire to find work) for many months now and need to find a way to generate income that doesn't bring on sheer panic. But we're all working on this stuff together, and sometimes it helps just to have your feelings validated by people who know. The best advice I have gotten is that you need to take care of yourself - whatever that may entail.

Hey PastaPrincess....I've been out on disability from work since the 1st of April....I know my team is not very happy with me but I just can't function thinking that I'm going to die or someone around me is going to die. I'm currently on Prozac but I think the birth control pill I've been taking is really screwing w/ my hormones and causing alot of this anguish. I do suffer from GAD, depression and PTSD and I drive my family insane!! I cry alot and am fearful of life. I know exactly how you feel!!! Message me whenever...scared, happy, sad, numb...i don't mind...i feel more comfortable with those that can understand me...

Canada, the land of riding polar bears to Timmy's
    Hi,
    It's nice to meet you! We're all ears on here; so just let loose! Really!