Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

OCD is a pain...

I have had OCD my whole life. I have to touch certain items, make certain noises, and I always have to have things in order. If everything isn't right, It leads to a Panic Attack. It's embarrassing to me. People think I'm weird.. Sometimes it happens in stores. Which, doesn't look good. Because I don't shoplift. For me this is a living hell.

understand. totally. like been there. even now i've got ocd on small issues but i'm working on it bit by bit. you'll be fine. don't worry. you've just got to watch your mind the next time it happens and work on it. bit by bit, you'll get there. *hugs*

I hate to say this but "Spirit Soul" you need to think how you answer, you did not acknowledge his severity of his OCD, Mine is only on certain items and events and if it is not done right I freak out and have to start all over again. I am a middle case I guess, I really want to say to "Emi" is try to get help and you can get better, but OCD can get stronger really fast in time and actions, working on it bit by bit is a good answer. Pick one thing minor you do in OCD and just think about changing it how it is done or where it sits and then after a few days change it to the way you have been thinking about, then the next action is do it again with a different item or action but less time to think about it in how it will be done or moved differently, this gives your brain time to adjust to change in the action quicker. this method that was taught to me by a Psychiatrist I hope it will help you, if it does not work then I suggest you get professional help.