Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Cool Thought for today

There's an old adage that says, The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm.

While you may need the help of friends, family and professionals in order to kick the PTSD habit, the person you most need help from is yourself. Your own dedication, commitment and desire to be free is the source of your strength, recovery and success.

It's easy to want to lean on others and ask them to do the work. It's also easy to underestimate your own power in recovery. This weekend, remember how much of a positive strength you have to give to - or discover in - yourself. Like your own hand, your strength is attached to you. All you have to do is look for it.

Help yourself to these self-help resources and tips!

You have enormous healing potential. The goal is learning to access it.

Dig deep. You can do this. I believe in you!

In joy,
    Michele

Michele Rosenthal, PTSD Coach
    Founder, www.healmyptsd.com Have questions about PTSD? Want answers? Visit www.healmyptsd.com to find resources and tips, plus the support of a positive and nurturing self-empowered healing community. You are not alone!

Super Moderator
    Hello PA family!

I posted this because I feel the insights Michele shares are amazing! Even though she labels herself as a PTSD coach, her advice applies to all of us struggling with a MI. I subscribe to her daily thoughts of the day, and encourage you all to do the same. Enjoy!

Colourgirl

Super Moderator
    Over the weekend a survivor gave me a perspective that feels good to me. She said,

Forgiveness is essential for ourselves, for us to forgive ourselves for what we were unable to do to change what happened to us.

I absolutely love this perspective for the self-empowering attitude it suggests and for the generosity it engenders inside the soul.

Take some time to consider how forgiveness could impact you. Here are a few more thoughts on that exact topic.

In joy,
    Michele

Founder, www.healmyptsd.com Have questions about PTSD? Want answers? Visit www.healmyptsd.com to find resources and tips, plus the support of a positive and nurturing self-empowered healing community. You are not alone!

Super Moderator

Every once in a while it's good to check in with how much your own thoughts are supporting (or not!) your recovery.

Frank Lloyd Wright said,

The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.

On a scale of 1-10, how much do you believe your recovery will happen? What would it take to bring that belief up one notch? (And if it's a 10, what's one new thing you can do to develop and expand that belief?)

More thoughts on how beliefs impact change.

In joy,
    Michele

Super Moderator
    The famous Swiss psychiatrist, Carl Jung, said:

In order to know the light, we must first experience the darkness.

Okay, I accept that - and here's what I think we can do with it:

Learn everything there is to know about the darkness while we're in it. If we have to have an unpleasant experience, let's learn what we can from it.

Think of where you are today. What can you say you've learned about:

Yourself?
    What bothers you?
    What you fear?
    What you regret?
    What you want?

In joy,
    Michele

Love this cg, love this.

Super Moderator
    TY mettac!!! I love it too!

Colourgirl

Super Moderator
    It's important to take responsibility for your future and your life. Don Miguel Ruiz said:

The real mission you have in life is to make yourself happy, and in order to be happy, you have to look at what you believe, the way you judge yourself, the way you victimize yourself.

You deserve to be happy. Take each one of the elements listed above and get specific about them.

What about your beliefs, self-judgment and self-victimization need to be changed to bring you one step closer to living a happier life?

In joy,
    Michele

The real mission you have in life is to make yourself happy, and in order to be happy, you have to look at what you believe, the way you judge yourself, the way you victimize yourself.

I needed to hear this today. Every day, really. Ugh.

Super Moderator
    (((((mettac))))) Safe hugs to you girly! I know, I victimize myself every day by telling myself that I should be more like...(insert any name here!) and then I allow my negative voice to abduct my brain while I reminisce about everything I do wrong. I like what Michele says: YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY. It's a basic right all of us have!

Colourgirl