Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.

My OCD is Obssessive thoughts

Hi I have got obsessive thoughts of a sexual nature..The worst is, It is about my Sister in law...I love as my sister and that it is as far as it goes, but for many years I have had these thoughts and it has driven me insane a while back..My doctor said I am a sexual addict and it is a form Of OCD because of the constant thoughts. I was pn medication for a number of years till my service ran out and couldnt get the meds for free any more.. I been better on a few levels, but the thoughts are still there on a constant basis, but I don't let it take over my sanity like it used to.. I think part of my thought process is that I don't want to end up like my dad whom had affairs with my moms sister many years ago and my great grandfather as well with I think it was the nanny or what ever..I don't want that in my life.. I still have an anger issue and mild anxiety on top of things... I know I need help but I cant get help the conventional; way because I got no insurance until at least november... I dont fear my thoughts any more, I just dont want them no more. I will do what ever it takes to get cured.....

Super Moderator
    Hello TomSawyer1977,

I so admire you for being vulnerable and opening up on the forums this way. I don't think you have to feel guilty... I think you took a normal thing that people think about, because it's a human behavior to be sexual, to fantasize and to even crave things that we know we shouldn't crave. It sounds like you are worried because of the pattern of behavior set forth by your dad and your great grandfather, but maybe there is a connection with the OCD as well.

Finding new ways to cope with this very human trait will be a good focus for you. I'm sorry that you can't get therapy right now, I know i'm stuck in the same situation. Sucks, doesn't it? In the meantime, I'm glad you are here, and thank you for sharing and opening up. Hopefully you will find some great coping techniques that other OCD sufferers use to help them with this problem.

Take care,

Colourgirl