Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    sorry wizbit. I was locked up for two months and the people there kept me alive, I wish I could say something to make it better.

fallininnocence, sorry that you have bi polar. People will never understand. I have it as well and aside from drugs, pills, i cant find any freedom. I hope you have a network of people to lean on.

Hi.... Im new to all this. been having panic attacks for the last few months. Its not so much the panic attack but the sickening feelings i have. its like a feeling of guilt or something and i dont know how to get rid its eating me up inside, i was on medication for 2 months but stopped taking it cuz i was gettin really bad side effects. i really dnt know what to do. signing up to this was a big step

At GladeRunner, have you sLept yet?

Hello, I just read your post. I have PTSD and Agoraphobia from getting raped after work one night four years ago. My level of agoraphobia is labeled dibilitating. I can't even check the mail. By the way, I know several people in the area of psychology with the most issues...perhaps that is why they are interested in that area. I have a large lawsuit still going on and moved out of state to avoid the publicity of it. That helped. I was also always looking over my shoulder worried I was being followed. I am making some improvement but have worked very hard at it. I had victim syndrome where I just didn't care and wanted to dig a whole in the ground and die but that got me no where. When I started "wanting" to get better...I became optimistic as well. Still, I can't get past leaving my house. I used to be this powerhouse business woman and it amazes me what that incedent did to me. I get mad at myself for giving him that power over me and then promptly have a talk with myself or my therapist. Feel free to stay in touch. I just joined today. Darbi

Hi everyone
    I am amina 28 years old

Your gut feeling is you feel guilty about something. Everyone is selfish and destructive to others at times making us behave bad. Are you sure you don't know what you feel guilty about. I am a stranger...sometimes it is easier to say it to someone that doesn't know you. Once you know what it is and it comes out of your mouth you can deal with it.
    Darbi

Hi, my name is Darbi. I have PTSD and Agoraphobia. The Agoraphobia and PTSD happened four years ago after I was raped leaving work one night. It didn't debilitate me all at once but rather got worse over time. I have a great therapist that has been with me since it happened and throughou my trial but I am now 100% housebound and had to move in with my mother who has been great. My therapy is all done teleconference. Thought this website might help me meet others like me as I used to be quite the socialite but being the girl in the bubble isn't a real crowd pleaser. They all care and ck on me from time to time but four years later I realize that girl I was is gone and someone else has been born within me. As long as I am home, I am happy, peaceful, funny and active with my art and 4 dogs but I literally can't even check the mail without my throat closing up and going faint. I need a place where I talk to other people like me and continue to be open to new ways of healing. So, stop in...say hello..whatever your problems are. I have had so much therapy I have become quite a good listener and generally don't give advice unless it is asked for or someone seems to be in an emergency situation. Best, Darbi

Hello Fangaia,
    I am a full blown Agoraphobic but there were signs when I was slightly younger than you. My grandmother had it too for 7 years. Mine was gone for 15 years and then came back after a tough trauma. If you are new to this I will tell you for me it was letting those closest to me know what I was going through and getting the right mix of medication. The meds can really help or really hurt. I have been on both ends of that. Usually overmedicated making me lazy and sleep all day. Wasn't good for me mentally or physically. It helps my family and friends alot when I tell them ahead of time when I am not feeling right and may get aggitated or depressed easily. It beats telling everyone off because don't know and then feeling guilty about it later. Finding the right therapist is truly crucial. It's like finding the right boyfriend or girlfriend. Sometimes you have to go through a few until you click with someone. Write anytime...xoxoxo Darbi

Hi my name is amina I am 28 years old I feel so sad all the time this depression is killing me inside I just feel sick .
    Last edited by amina; 10-04-2011 at 08:49 PM.