Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Hello and welcome!

To our new members:

Hello all you newbies to our wonderful and much needed site and chat forum! I usually try to greet everyone that comes in and posts but sometimes work and real life crowd in. I generally try to post ASAP, but that's not always the case. In the meantime, please check out other people's posts and the responses to get a feel for the type of support we provide here.

Not only is it a great way to feel validated and not so isolated, it also is a very essential means to our healing: learning to find ways within ourselves to take care of what we need, and finding validation within ourselves will really empower us to change our thought patterns and reverse the damage caused by inappropriate pathways that we have been taught or learned that is rutted in our brains.

I wish you all much love and gentleness with ourselves, often we berate ourselves for having mental disorders (MIs), when really we should treat ourselves with the same tenderness that we treat physical ailments.

Please stop by chat sometime (the link at the bottom of the home page) and talk with our fellow members. We are a lovely group and all you have to do is just jump in!

Take care and Welcome again!

Colourgirl
    Last edited by Colourgirl; 06-09-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Super Moderator
    Hello peeps again! Just wanted to let you know, I've been made new forum moderator! I look forward to getting to know you all, and please feel free to post as often as you like, the more activity, the more support! Thanks for making this wonderful place a soothing and healing place of support!

And if you post, looking for support and I don't answer right away, please don't feel downhearted. I too, am a fellow sufferer of depression and anxiety, and agoraphobia, so sometimes things drain my energies a lot faster as I take up the torch of full time work again. Feel free to look at other posts and responses, a lot of times, responses that have helped other people can be beneficial to ourselves as well. I am so grateful that we have a place like this to come to, I hope you all feel the same!

To a healthy mind!

Colourgirl

Super Moderator
    To all our active forum posters and first time members,

Welcome to our wonderful and amazing site! I'm so sorry that I've not been able to respond as moderator, I work full time now, and am currently caregiving for a hubby who is immobile. I was very concerned that a lot of newbie posts would go unanswered, and it was really important to me to try to respond to everyone because there is an emotional vulnerability to posting on the forums and seeking to be validated on a social network. I can no longer keep up now that my temporary disability time off is over!

What I'm delighted to find, however, is that other fellow members, who have just as much heart to give are responding out of love and kindness to help our other members, and it is so gratifying to see you all pitch in and help take up the torch of greeting fellow members! It is ever my mission to make sure people feel welcomed here because we need a place of healing and positivity to be able to be vulnerable and open. I hope you first time members feel welcome to our wonderful site, and if no one has greeted you yet, please know it's not because you are not welcome, it's only because time constrains me to respond to all. I will often read and reread a post over before I respond sometimes because I'm a very wordy and nerdy person. And remember, our members battle with anxiety and phobias, so posting may not be their forte. Please join us in chat as well, and access support more readily if that type of forum suits you.

Be gentle with all of yourselves, tell that negative voice to "go to its room" while you socialize with the grownups. This is your alone time, without the stress monkey on your back. Feel free to respond to and peruse other threads, and post often! Your post may make all the difference to that one sufferer who felt all alone. What I've noticed about all fellow sufferers so far, is.. you all are pretty amazing people and a great bunch to socialize with! I miss you all so much while taking care of my husband! <3

xoxo,

Colourgirl
    Last edited by Colourgirl; 06-21-2011 at 03:51 AM.

How do you talk to people that is on? I keep hearing people talk about some chat room but i can't find it.

hello everyone, i'm 26, i'm a guy, i have panic disorder w/ agoraphobia. I have allowed it to destroy much of my life, and what remains is pretty much the ruins of my former self and the life i had before this affliction took hold. I live alone, what's left of my family is gone and those that remain live hundreds and thousands of miles away. I'm a student of psychology (ironically) and working to eventually attain my doctorate. I stumbled across this site through google and i am hoping to meet others who are struggling with this disorder and all the things that come with it. I wish you all the best and i remain optimistic that we can all conquer this.

Has anyone tries the "Linden Method"? I tried it and it worked for a while, then I lost interest and reverted back to my old ways?

hi im a 24 yr old female and was told by my dr about 3 mnths ago that i have anxiety! Im not convinced as it came from nowhere. Ive lost weight rapidly have tachycardia tremors etc but all tests are coming back normal. When my mind is occupied im fine but when i go out alone it starts does anybody else get this it feels horrid

Hi Im new here I have depression I have a lot going on and not to many people to talk too. Just want some one to listen I guess.

Hey I'm a 13 year old female. I have suffered from anxiety for 5 years, and am defeating it successfully without help. It doesn't really get in the way too much anymore, but I'm working toward the ultimate end of it all. I'm here to both receive and give advice.
    Take Care!

This is directed to Linz87's Post. I'm the same way and found out about a month ago. When I'm working it all goes away, but when I have free time the anxiety takes over. I have a hard time breathing I have aches and pains. I even went to the hospital one day becuase I thought I was having a heart attack. I have started loosing weight also. A lot of times I just get that sick stomach feeling, like what you used to get as a kid when your parents found out something you did was bad and you knew you were about to get in trouble. I also cant get horrible thoughts out of my head, end of the world, etc and try to prepare for it. How stupid does that sound? I dont know if you feel the same way but I'm sick and tired of worrying about things I cant control. Even typing this message right now, admitting to these things has got my heart pounding from anxiety. I dont know why?
    Last edited by TxGuy; 08-08-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Did not use the Reply With Quote Button