Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fear of The slender man

Alright this may sound a bit silly to some but I can assure you all its very serious to me.So bare with me while I explain my problem.

Alright so this all started yesterday ive been reading some articles on cracked until i somehow came opon the legend of the slender man.I remember reading and seeing a ton about him on that day but i only remember 2 sources this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm6PGh2fvTg
    and http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/slender-man ( I wouldn't recommended it if you've had problems with stuff liek this before just reading/watching instantly feared me.

Now unlike must other people with this problem iv never seen something remotely like the slender man yet for some reason now have a very serious fear of it that wont go away.Last night I had trouble sleeping and due to ho creaky my house is have been constantly terrorized for several hours.Whats worse is that everyone in my house was asleep and I was afraid to wake any one up in fear of attracting this slender man.

Right now it is the morning after that night and I am still extremely afraid of this more so then ever since my mom is at work(im 15 btw) and the only people left in the house is my smaller siblings wich the slender man is known to abduct and drive their current guardians insane according to legend.In this case the guardian would be me.

Its only been a day and I am already going insane.I did a search for phobia forums and joined the second I woke up.

My only experience with phobias before was a spider phobia (wich seems to be overcome the second I inherited this new greater one)Whats different then my spider phobia is that one used to only come on certain specific times in which my logic made me believe a spider could be present and would be countered with proper precautions taken to prevent a spider from entering the room I was in and personally checking the places it could be at.My fear wasnt about the spiders eating me or poisoning me but more about them sneaking up on me.If I clearly knew where a spider was at I wouldnt be half as scared as if I suspected one to be somewhere.

Whats worse is that this new phobia has combined certain characteristics of my previous phobia such as being sneaky possibly deadly and having arms that are similar to those of a spider.

Regardless of the horrifying audio tapes ive heard and the info I read know next to nothing about the slender man.Things like what does it go after?Why is it being sneaky,why not just take over humanity?What could attract it?Is it known to be in other areas in wich a collections of trees is not present?Can be killed or scared away?How exactly does it abduct people?Can it abduct non-children?Can it physically effect you?What does one do to prevent a slender man attack?Can they cloak/blend into the shadows?How silent are they?

As you can see ive already developed a lot of questions that help bring more fear.See if I was afraid of a spider then at least it isnt a fear that is always on and un predictable.

If youve been patient enough to read all this what do you recommend I do do overcome this because so far ive come up with nothing even being with people wont help it just makes me suspect that hes gonna sneak up behind them and abduct them followed by myself...

You say your 15?
    That's the ideal time for hoaxers to prey on your fears.
    The slender man is a character in a series of famous paintings (The Screamer).
    Sometimes "Suits" are referred to as Men in Black (supposed alien agents of a government conspiracy, but more likely agents of the Illuminati working with the government).

The dead horses without eyes reference is a fairly recent event from the 70s to today (also cows, goats, sheep, etc.), but actually goes back to the 1930s.
    The animals are carved and gutted with precision slits and gouges most surgeons can't even do!

The blacked out portion of the video with fading children's voices and a creepy monster like voice reminds one of the movie "The Blair Witch Project" which had the same elements as this.

As for arachnophobia, what you had wasn't really that.
    The fear of spiders is just spiders (sometimes accompanied with very big bugs).
    Your fear was or is the fear of the unknown or X-phobia (just made up that name).
    Last edited by depressed; 05-06-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Super Moderator
    depressed,

I learned a lot from your answer! How do you know this stuff? lol And Slenderphobia, stay off the net! LOL Googling other fears when you are already suggestible won't do you any favors! Give yourself lots of space with your phobia and comfort yourself. Sleep with the lights on... read a good story before sleeping, sleep to music, find ways to distract you! Treat it like any other phobia, as irrational, but real to you. Good luck!

Colourgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderphobia View Post
    Alright this may sound a bit silly to some but I can assure you all its very serious to me.So bare with me while I explain my problem.

Alright so this all started yesterday ive been reading some articles on cracked until i somehow came opon the legend of the slender man.I remember reading and seeing a ton about him on that day but i only remember 2 sources this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm6PGh2fvTg
    and http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/slender-man ( I wouldn't recommended it if you've had problems with stuff liek this before just reading/watching instantly feared me.

Now unlike must other people with this problem iv never seen something remotely like the slender man yet for some reason now have a very serious fear of it that wont go away.Last night I had trouble sleeping and due to ho creaky my house is have been constantly terrorized for several hours.Whats worse is that everyone in my house was asleep and I was afraid to wake any one up in fear of attracting this slender man.

Right now it is the morning after that night and I am still extremely afraid of this more so then ever since my mom is at work(im 15 btw) and the only people left in the house is my smaller siblings wich the slender man is known to abduct and drive their current guardians insane according to legend.In this case the guardian would be me.

Its only been a day and I am already going insane.I did a search for phobia forums and joined the second I woke up.

My only experience with phobias before was a spider phobia (wich seems to be overcome the second I inherited this new greater one)Whats different then my spider phobia is that one used to only come on certain specific times in which my logic made me believe a spider could be present and would be countered with proper precautions taken to prevent a spider from entering the room I was in and personally checking the places it could be at.My fear wasnt about the spiders eating me or poisoning me but more about them sneaking up on me.If I clearly knew where a spider was at I wouldnt be half as scared as if I suspected one to be somewhere.

Whats worse is that this new phobia has combined certain characteristics of my previous phobia such as being sneaky possibly deadly and having arms that are similar to those of a spider.

Regardless of the horrifying audio tapes ive heard and the info I read know next to nothing about the slender man.Things like what does it go after?Why is it being sneaky,why not just take over humanity?What could attract it?Is it known to be in other areas in wich a collections of trees is not present?Can be killed or scared away?How exactly does it abduct people?Can it abduct non-children?Can it physically effect you?What does one do to prevent a slender man attack?Can they cloak/blend into the shadows?How silent are they?

As you can see ive already developed a lot of questions that help bring more fear.See if I was afraid of a spider then at least it isnt a fear that is always on and un predictable.

If youve been patient enough to read all this what do you recommend I do do overcome this because so far ive come up with nothing even being with people wont help it just makes me suspect that hes gonna sneak up behind them and abduct them followed by myself...
    Holy shit now your telling me this slender man can not only find anyone in the world and make them die a horrible death but has ties to the Illuminati.Your also telling me that the horse cutting actually happened.

Well im now more scared the ever....

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderphobia View Post
    Holy shit now your telling me this slender man can not only find anyone in the world and make them die a horrible death but has ties to the Illuminati.Your also telling me that the horse cutting actually happened.

Well im now more scared the ever....
    That's not what I meant at all.
    The Suits or Men in Black are as threatening and mysterious as the Illuminati which is why people (who don't think they're aliens) associate them with that group.
    I never meant that they really were Illuminati.
    Yes the dead horse thing did happen and is happening, but it's nothing you have to be afraid of (unless you have four legs).
    Where did you get the horrible death thing?
    Colourgirl has a point, you shouldn't bring new fears to a phobia site (PM me instead of posting on the board).

Colourgirl, I hope that remark towards me wasn't sarcastic.
    Yes TV is where I learn most facts, but after I see it, I check if it's really true in other sources.
    Last edited by depressed; 05-06-2011 at 11:33 AM.

I know exactly how you feel because this is my biggest fear as well. If you ever need to talk about this I have some information that might be useful.

well..you can try sleep with the light on while listen to the music that you like and makes you fell calm,comfortable.

The Slender Man

Even though some people at Something Awful forums made it up, there's still something out there. I know there is cause every time I hear or see something about the Slender Man, I get this feeling that literally shakes my very core. I haven't been able to sleep for some time without needing heavy doses of sleeping pills. Yet, I also get a kind of gentle calm feeling as well. But even those feelings are rare.

Think about it, If you never looked this up, would you be afraid of it? No.. Would you even think about anything like it ? No.. So you gotta just find a peace of mind And go back to before you even looked it up or knew about it, nothing happened before you looked it up and nothing has happened now. (:

I suggest Nightmare Retardant, especially parodies like Concrete Giraffes, silly fancomics such as the Pastamonsters series by XcomickittyX on DeviantART(which was written just for this purpose), and comedic askblogs.

Also keep in mind that he might be misunderstood. I imagine it must be kinda hard to talk without a mouth, Kinda hard to make friends when everyone hates you for being different.
    Maybe he stalks people 'cause he's trying to make friends, but they lash out and the murders are self-defense or heartbrokenness.
    Maybe he just wants someone to be there for him.
    Maybe he just wants $20 :P