Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Driving 468x60

Heart skipping beats

ok so im a 27 year old female. i used to be a heavy drinker and smoker. now i drink like twice a week and smoke a couple packs a week. i have ptsd, panic disorder, and gad. i started having panic attacks when i was 12. i also started having heart palpitations and skipped beats every once in awhile in my teen years. i was checked a gazillion times back then for a murmer cuz my mom has one and they never found anything. Well for the past 3 months my heart has been doing the weird beating/skipping beat thing like every other day. Which is weird since I have been excersizing more and drinking and smoking less and drinking less caffeine. I have been super stressed but ive been stressed for like 15 years now so thats nothing new. i just get scared that im gonna have a heart attack or there is something really wrong. does anyone have any sort of similiar experience or knowledge on the subject? thank you so much! much love

Hey! I am 26 years old and suffer with the same symptoms. My heart feels like it skips beats and flutters in my chest. I had many tests done including echocardiogram, stress test, and holter monitor. My holter monitor showed that I was having 22,000 skipped beats in 24 hours!! They are called premature ventricular beats and are benign and usually due to stress. Once my doctor diagnosed me I felt so much better and the palpitations disappeared. Then i started googling as I always do and now have convinced myself that I have Atrial Fibrillation and Tachycardia and more severe heart arrehthmeias.. I am driving myself crazy and feel very alone. I also suffer with severe anxiety. I am a severe hypochondriac but my symptoms are all real. I feel very alone and my friends do not know how I feel and what I am going through. I recently made an appointment with a psychotherapist to deal with my hypochondriasis. I always think that I am dieing of a serious illness. Every single day I think I am dieing and this is so unhealthy. Do you feel that way? Ithought we could exchange stories and help eachother. We are around the same age and I feel very alone with all of this. Hope to hear from you soon!

jena

im so sorry i didnt see this until now. Jena, i feel the exact same way you do. Especially lately its been really bad. I always think im about to die of something i cant stop...like a heart attack or stroke etc...and the internet is the devil bc i look up symptoms im having and it gives me these worst case scenario answers that scare me outta my mind. ill keep checking back cuz i hope to hear from you so we can chat some more. i feel alone too! but lets not feel like that anymore!
    love, katie
    ‎"this life has been a test. If this were an actual life, you would have recieved instructions on where to go and what to do" -MSCL

oh and thank you so much for telling me about what your doc said. i have noticed when im not stressed out i dont have palpitations. they are very scary though!
    ‎"this life has been a test. If this were an actual life, you would have recieved instructions on where to go and what to do" -MSCL

Hmm thanks for sharing this wonderful post really like ur post it is quite helpful discussion in this thread thanks u so much for the impressive post......

my heart flutters all the time when im stressed is agervating and scary seems when my sinuses act up my anxieties do to anyone else feel that way?

i have a sinus infection right now and i dont know if its the infection or the antibiotics but my anxiety and hypochriacness (lol thats not the word) is worse then it has been in months.

MisterPavlov

I would like more specifics

well...
    nice article here, very useful and informational topic ...
    thanks and keep it up guys !!!

Melbourne Personal Trainer
    Last edited by Aiken; 03-03-2012 at 01:52 AM.