Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Panic 468x60
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Many of my friends don't understand social anxiety and think I'm just being quiet and shutting myself off for no reason. They don't understand that it's a disorder that's hard to talk about because, hey, we already have a tough time talking in the first place. The best friends are the ones that support you and know your limits of conversation and don't make a case of it to others around.

I'm new to this place. Your post I read and totally relate. I roam around looking for somewhere I can find support and other people that relate. Hopefully, someone to talk to that understands. You posted quite some time ago. And I thought I saw the other forum posts were old too. So I'm not sure I'm at the right place yet. I feel rather down about my situation. Me too, it's ruining my life. I feel like I'm on the verge of running away. I'm not a kid. I'm an adult. But I feel like any day now I might leave everything and everyone and be alone because I lose hope that I'll ever find my place in this world. I've always forever felt out of place. Foreverawkward.

If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here.

i can relate to u

I understand the feeling. Don't worry it can get better in time. One thing that helps me tremendously is fish oil supplements and cardio vascular excercise. Cognitive excercises will also help alot. Keep your head up you will get better in time.